Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LR: Disagreement question

Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
in General 442 karma
For some reason...I miss a lot on this question.
What some strategy worked for you?
I tried to find whether they agree, disagree, no opinion strategy but it did not really work for me...the part I thought they disagree turned out one of them does not have opinion and something like that.
How do you tackle this type of question?

Comments

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma
    Hi @"Tina Cho" Here's my process for point of disagreement questions
    1. Understand the conclusion and the premises for each person. Do not move on until you do because you can be punished by tougher questions for not doing this.

2. If I can, pre-phrase the answer and pick the point that the two sides seem to be disagreeing over. I ask myself is it a point of support? Is it the context? is it the conclusion?

3. I go to the answer choices and eliminate any and every one where one side does not have an opinion or where they agree.

4. I select the answer that I made sure the two arguments are in a disagreement over.

I hope this helps! I absolutely do not move on to the answer choices until I make sure I understand the arguments in the stimulus.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @nessa.k13.0 Great system!
    4141 karma
  • Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
    442 karma
    Thanks for your replies, @nessa.k13.0.
    Just realized this one got a reply...I'll try the metohd :)
    Disagreement question really frustrates me a lot, gotta do drills drills and drills...
    edited November 2016 4141 karma
    You're welcome @"Tina Cho" ! If it helps imagine you're a divorce attorney trying to parse out what exactly the fight is over...gotta do whatcha gotta do haha