Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it nessecary to ease up on PTing

Vickpetrosian1Vickpetrosian1 Free Trial Member
in General 139 karma
Guys I know we're all stressed out but can anyone lend some advice on whether or not taking practice tests this week and next is a good idea... I have been consistently taking them almost daily for a month now... I give myself rest days every 5 days or so.

But I keep reading about people doing only 2 a week now am I missing something... please help don't want to burn out this far out...

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Yikes, that's a lot of PTs. You should only be taking 2 and using the rest of your time to do some extensive Blind Review on those two, otherwise you'll burn out real fast. Careful with taking PTs this close to the test too.
  • Vickpetrosian1Vickpetrosian1 Free Trial Member
    139 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" really I experienced a slight burnout about a week ago but I got over it... and felt so damn fresh today I blasted through LG in a real beautiful fashion..and the rest was good lol except for RC... but hey sc**w reading comp because well.... it's reading comp
  • Vickpetrosian1Vickpetrosian1 Free Trial Member
    139 karma
    Feminism in 15century france and narrative talk story topics, are really getting on my nerves lol couldn't they talk about boxing or racing or war or even law is good
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @Vickpetrosian1 said:
    But I keep reading about people doing only 2 a week now am I missing something... please help don't want to burn out this far out...
    Doing a PT a day is near useless. You should aim for 2 a week, 3 tops.

One, you'll burn out. I think you are probably already there....

Two, and more importantly, you aren't really learning much by just doing a PT a day. You need to make sure you are reviewing them correctly and then addressing your weaknesses by returning to your prep materials and then drilling them, etc.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    Two, and more importantly, you aren't really learning much by just doing a PT a day. You need to make sure you are reviewing them correctly and then addressing your weaknesses by returning to your prep materials and then drilling them, etc.
    Here it is.

You really don't learn a whole lot from just taking a PT. You learn from the entire process of taking the PT, Blind Reviewing it, identifying the weaknesses it exposes, and then targeting your continuing studies at those areas. Once you've completed that process and feel like you have eliminated or at least significantly reduced those weaknesses, only then is it time to start the process over again by taking another PT. Actually taking the PT is just such a small part of the process.
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @Vickpetrosian1 said:
    and the rest was good lol except for RC... but hey sc**w reading comp because well.... it's reading comp
    truth.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"DEC_LSAT" said:
    @Vickpetrosian1 said:
    and the rest was good lol except for RC... but hey sc**w reading comp because well.... it's reading comp
    truth.

Haha. Facts