Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you get nervous when you put 3 of the same letter in a row?

UBC HopefulUBC Hopeful Alum Member
in General 44 karma
I have always been the type of person to change answers based on a repeating pattern because "there's no way they would put 4 C's in a row, right?!?!", so I just wanted to share a portion of the answer key to of one of my practice exams that I wrote (PT 19, Section 4 LR)

15.C
16.C
17.B
18.C
19.C
20.C
21C

There you have it 6/7 answers were C. Let this be a reminder to see through the mind tricks they throw at you!

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    We were actually just talking about this on a BR call! It happens: Just one more way for the test writers to screw with us. The more we see it happen, the less likely we are to let them get to us, so thanks for sharing!
  • Vickpetrosian1Vickpetrosian1 Free Trial Member
    139 karma
    ABOSLUTELY but it happens during every test lol I've had 4 D'S in a row one of them was wrong but hey three were correct lol... SO your probably fine lol
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    We were actually just talking about this on a BR call! It happens: Just one more way for the test writers to screw with us. The more we see it happen, the less likely we are to let them get to us, so thanks for sharing!
    I used to and then one time I got 4 Bs in a row and I second guessed one of them and changed a correct answer to a wrong one. Ever since, I don't worry about it. I'd probably start to worry if I saw 6 of the same letter in a row, lol.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    We were actually just talking about this on a BR call!
    Yes! It is so hard to not let answer choice "runs" make you question your confidence:) I was accustomed to it in LG but an LR caught me off guard with a "run" that caused momentary doubt that disrupted my rhythm - lesson learned to go with it on future PT's but it was very unsettling at first:)
  • Stevie CStevie C Alum Member
    645 karma
    I don't pay attention to this at all. I just transfer my choices to the answer sheet, even if it spells "BAD BAD BAD" I'm plowing forward
  • Q.E.DQ.E.D Alum Member
    edited November 2016 556 karma
    I've noticed that too, drilling in LG. It actually gives me some relief bc it seems more likely that I'm getting them right and LSAC is just trolling me than that my wrong answers all happen to line up like that. Just drawing 1 in 5 letters at random, the probability of three of the same in a row is less than 1% - or 4%, if you count the first one no matter what you draw. Point is it's low.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @"Stevie C" said:
    even if it spells "BAD BAD BAD" I'm plowing forward
    Haha!!!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    lol @Tinyosi1
  • Tinyosi1Tinyosi1 Alum Member
    235 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    lol @Tinyosi1
    Yes!!!
    I was just talking about this on Discord! I did a section the other day with two blocks like this; one where 5 of 6(or 6 of 7?) in a row had the same answer, and another where 4 of 5 in a row had the same answer. It definitely worries/shocks me, but I would never change an answer because of it. It is all mind games.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Stevie C" said:
    I don't pay attention to this at all. I just transfer my choices to the answer sheet, even if it spells "BAD BAD BAD" I'm plowing forward
    You are my hero, sir. HHAHAHA!
  • BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma
    PT 45 Game 2 has 4 letters in a row. It doesn't really bother me. A correct answer is a correct answer.
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @"Stevie C" said:
    LOL has this happened and you noticed it during a timed test? haha
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Yeah from what I know they have never done 5 in a row yet... although I have seen the A B C D E D at least once... Once you do enough tests you just get used to it... but 5 would still make me panic haha
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @"Stevie C" said:
    even if it spells "BAD BAD BAD" I'm plowing forward
    I just came across "ACE ACE" on a PT and I like it!!!
    645 karma
    @twssmith said:
    I just came across "ACE ACE" on a PT and I like it!!!
    Can I borrow some of your luck??? :)
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    Just put 3 As in a row on a logic game. I won't say which one (It is in the PT1-35 range) Because of this thread, I thought twice, haha. It turned out correct.
    645 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    You are my hero, sir. HHAHAHA!
    I'm not the hero 7sage deserves, but I'm the hero 7sage needs :) :)
  • WalliumsWalliums Member
    373 karma
    For me, I start to get nervous if it's four in a row. Sounds like from everyone's experience I should just try to ignore it!