Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experimental section

CrushLSATCrushLSAT Member
in General 150 karma
Hi All,

This might be a stupid question to ask but is there a common section where the LSAC places their experimental section in the test? For example, is the experimental section more likely to show up in the first 3 sections as opposed to the last 2? Are there some ways to tell if a section is experimental or not? I was just curious to see if they are always random or if there are some patterns as to where they get placed etc... Thanks!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @CrushLSAT said:
    Hi All,

This might be a stupid question to ask but is there a common section where the LSAC places their experimental section in the test? For example, is the experimental section more likely to show up in the first 3 sections as opposed to the last 2? Are there some ways to tell if a section is experimental or not? I was just curious to see if they are always random or if there are some patterns as to where they get placed etc... Thanks!
    Completely random. Although for a while it always showed up within the first 3 sections. However, that is no longer the case.

There is no real way to tell. Often people cite having a ridiculously easy games section or hard LR section that cues them in, but there's no reliable way to tell. I wouldn't even recommend trying, haha.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Yeah, don't even waste your time trying to guess the experimental. Far too many people did horribly on the LSAT for assuming where the experimental was only to find out it was a real section lol.
  • CrushLSATCrushLSAT Member
    150 karma
    @"Alex Divine" @montaha.rizeq Thanks guys! Yeah, I won't even bother figuring out which section is which and just treat them all the same lol
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @CrushLSAT said:
    @"Alex Divine" @montaha.rizeq Thanks guys! Yeah, I won't even bother figuring out which section is which and just treat them all the same lol
    Probably the best bet. I remember hearing a hilarious story or two on another website about people who had thought they'd identified the experimental and went on to essentially not give the section 100%. It turns out it was not the experimental, haha.