Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Discrepancy between more recent PTs and older ones

I was averaging -2/-3 on PTs in the 30s/40s. I jumped to PTs in the 70s and am now averaging -10/-11. HOW DO I FIX THIS!? Its very discouraging :(

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    The usual way. Figure out why you missed what you missed, with special weight to confidence errors, and then learn what you need to learn to never make those mistakes again. A lot of the difficulty in the 70s seems to shift to language and grammatical structures in my opinion. The logic doesn't get any harder, but the test writers get much more clever at disguising the logic through language. Adding a grammatical breakdown of the stimulus into your BR process can do a lot to help you start seeing the patterns.
  • SimbatronSimbatron Member
    175 karma
    Thanks for the response! Yeah, I've been BR'ing them but I thought it strange to see such a leap in scoring. When I do BR them, it usually is some little word discrepancy I didn't catch, so I guess I have to be on the lookout for that more often.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    @Simbatron said:
    When I do BR them, it usually is some little word discrepancy I didn't catch
    Yeah, this is exactly what I would have expected. Just be conscious of this and learn to read for it, and your score will bounce back before you know it!
  • SimbatronSimbatron Member
    175 karma
    Hey,

So I just got done taking and Blind Reviewing PT 75. My LR score improved to just about normal on the first LR section, but for some reason dropped SIGNIFICANTLY for the 2nd LR section (talking about 80% correct vs. 44% correct) When taking the test, I remember having a difficult time concentrating on the 2nd LR section for some reason. I kept second guessing myself and the questions seemed much harder than they usually do. I take the test on Saturday, so I'm hoping this is a strange fluke that won't happen again. Any thoughts/advice on this??
  • Vickpetrosian1Vickpetrosian1 Free Trial Member
    139 karma
    LR is more wordy so gotta be more active in crediting important parts and dismissing general info...