Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Effective LR Drill

Giant PandaGiant Panda Alum Member
in General 274 karma
Hi guys,

I am currently in the section of 2nd RC section within the lecture. And just this weekend, I went back to LR again just to take a look, I felt less confident about my ability to handle these questions.

As such, I was wondering how you can do drills about them while in for instance, this week RC and next week LG.

I suppose reading prep book such as the one from Manhattan in the meantime maybe a good idea?

Thoughts?

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Bumping this to the top!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    @"Giant Panda" said:
    I suppose reading prep book such as the one from Manhattan in the meantime maybe a good idea?
    I'd stick to one curriculum. Different companies have different approaches and strategies to different things and it can get confusing. I've never used it, but from what I understand, The LSAT Trainer is fairly compatible with 7Sage if you just really want a supplement.

I wouldn't worry too much about this though. As you go through the curriculum, there's just no way to fully absorb everything. There will be places where you feel like you mastered something only to return to it with no clue of what you're doing. And that's okay. That's the process. If you want to stay sharp while you work through RC and LG, I'd just go through and do an occasional problem set in order to reinforce. Beyond that, you've just got to be at peace with this because it happens to us all; no need to master the curriculum on your first run through!
  • SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma
    @"Giant Panda" said:
    one from Manhattan in the meantime maybe a good idea?
    I actually found Manhattan to be very similar to LSAT Trainer and 7sage, with the exception that 7sage has more strategies on top of whats stated in those books. I would have to agree with using one curriculum at first. Don't confuse yourself, because I certainly did that in the beginning.

As for not learning everything, I would say just be patient and keep learning from your mistakes. LSAT takes time to master. Good Luck.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    I'll echo the advice above. However, Manhattan is pretty similar to the CC and Trainer, so if you have it, it certainly won't hurt. I thought the MLSAT LR was probably the best LR book on the market. That's said, 7Sage has a wealth of information and lessons that MLSAT can't compete with. So don't go out of your way to buy it.
  • Vickpetrosian1Vickpetrosian1 Free Trial Member
    139 karma
    I did at least 15 LR with review daily and one logic game different difficulties daily works wonder... you don't get rusty and should take you most 1:15 to 40 daily but keeps your hard earned techniques sharp !
  • SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma
    @"Alex Divine" You thought Manhattan was better? I thought the Trainer was soo much better :D
  • dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma
    I think the materials are similar. The drill on LR is more important. I will review the LR drill on 7sage while reading Manhattan LR book.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @Sami said:
    @"Alex Divine" You thought Manhattan was better? I thought the Trainer was soo much better :D
    The LSAT Trainer is a complete LSAT study guide so its apples/oranges when compared to MLSAT LR. (Notice my trainer reference, hehe) But yeah, as far as JUST an LR guide, yeah, I think MLSAT is the best book. No gimmicks, no frills, just straight logic. It reminds me a lot of 7Sage actually.

The Trainer is my fav complete LSAT book of all time though, without a doubt!