Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calling out to all Dec. test takers!!

mcmlaw36mcmlaw36 Alum Member
edited November 2016 in General 631 karma
Everyone is nervous about this coming Saturday - right? It's not just me?

I have been studying for at least a year now, and am as prepared as I'll ever be. But I'm still a big pile of nerves going in. Not so much about the exam setting and real test conditions, but for what will actually be on the exam. J.Y. says to stay calm and not panic in the event of an unusual/surprise question, but even if one is to remain calm, you still need to be able to work your way through the question. I can stay calm. But I'm worried about getting "stumped."

Everyone writing the December exam, please share your feelings! I'm so up and down, emotionally, that I can't even sit still. And it's only Tuesday. SOS.

Comments

• Renee M.Renee M. Alum Member
    103 karma
    Ugh I am feeling the exact same way! I have been studying for 6 months and am feeling prepared - but I worry about what will happen in the event of an odd logic game or impossibly difficult RC passage. We just gotta stay calm and work through it. We got this!
  • mcmlaw36mcmlaw36 Alum Member
    631 karma
    @"Renee M." Thanks for sharing Renee. It always feel more comforting knowing that other people are in the same boat. We all just have to go in and give it all we've got!
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    i'm sure most of us are feeling this way. it's a big test and we've been preparing for it for a while now, so it seems like it's do or die. BUT if it's your first take, you should feel comfort in that. if i can postpone, i would but i have to do it this weekend, so all i know is that i'm going to try my best and that i am sufficiently prepared to do well on the LSAT. I've scored my range over 5 times, so it can be done again during an administered test.also, i take comfort in knowing that it's my first take.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @mcmlaw36 said:
    I have been studying for at least a year now, and am as prepared as I'll ever be.
    Remember this.... You're ready. Write out plans ahead of time of what you will do if you do encounter an odd ball game or a hard LR question. Having a contingency plan will help ease your nerves. Remember that you can usually miss 1-2 and still get a 180.

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @mcmlaw36 said:
    But I'm worried about getting "stumped."
    If that happens, I think JY would suggest to skip it and just come back to it latter if you have time.
  • DaisyyyyyDaisyyyyy Free Trial Member
    53 karma
    i am so nervous at night that i can't sleep properly ....:( i go to bed before 10 pm but wake up around 230am ....and i feel tired when i get up at 7am ....T.T
  • SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma
    @Daisyyyyyy said:
    am so nervous at night that i can't sleep properly ....:( i go to bed before 10 pm but wake up around 230am ....and i feel tired when i get up at 7am
    I sometimes find working out in the morning really helpful in eliminating this issue. Also a warm bath right before bedtime can do wonders <3
  • DaisyyyyyDaisyyyyy Free Trial Member
    53 karma
    thank you Sami!
  • J. TharpJ. Tharp Alum Member
    edited November 2016 575 karma
    I second @Sami's advice! I've been doing a short workout every morning, cooking breakfast, and taking a bath (or maybe two) every night. It's done wonders. Also, I've been taking it easy on studying, stopping by noon every day or when I feel frustrated (whichever comes first) and I'm not going to study after noon on Thursday and just chill on Friday. One more thing - I've been watching a Harry Potter movie every night because it comforts me :)
  • Bevs ScooterMinionBevs ScooterMinion Alum Member
    1018 karma
    I occasionally like to drink a hot cup of Celestial Seasonings' Tension Tamer tea in the evenings (I can't even have decaf anything after 3pm if I want to sleep well), especially when I'm extra tense/frustrated (their Sleepytime tea gives me nightmares).

But please read the entire list of ingredients in case you have sensitivities to any of them (there's catnip and anise, plus other herbs in it). I advocate many things Mother Nature provides, but not necessarily all herbal items. And this week would not be the week to experiment with something new in your body.

But decaf, well-laid plans, and hot baths? Go for it.

You'll do well because you're prepared!!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    @mcmlaw36 said:
    I'm worried about getting "stumped."
    This isn't something you need to worry about whether or not it's going to happen, because it is definitely going to happen. But that's okay! It happened on PTs too, and you have learned how to deal with it!
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    I have been studying for this test full-time for more than a year and at this point I just want to be done with it and TBH I wish I could take it as soon as possible.