Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Word of advice

svjava23svjava23 Alum Member
So I decided to look on the discussion board to see what the December takers are doing the night before & I stumbled onto a different discussion about the December exam. It's REALLY screwed up how some people on here are writing negative things about the December exam just days before the exam. The people who are taking the December exam are nervous enough, with millions of thoughts going through their heads. How about being a little more suppportive & having more positive vibes for those taking the LSAT on Saturday.

Comments

• esteeroseesteerose Alum Member
    382 karma
    AGREED!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @svjava23 said:
    It's REALLY screwed up how some people on here are writing negative things about the December exam just days before the exam.
    What thread is this?
  • Creasey LSATCreasey LSAT Member
    423 karma
    Agreed.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited December 2016 23929 karma
    I'm not seeing where people are writing negative things? Am I missing something? People posting data and speculating about the difficulty of an exam certainly can't be the negative things you are referring to, right?
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    For what it's worth, don't let people who don't know that the LSAT isn't curved stress you out. They're probably just nervous too and looking for others to chat about it with! You guys are gunna kill it!
    423 karma
    Well, from the perspective of a Dec writer, it certainly isn't positive!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    @"Creasey LSAT" said:
    Well, from the perspective of a Dec writer, it certainly isn't positive!
    .... Let it roll off your shoulder. You can't let that type of stuff get to you, ever. People all react to stress differently. I don't think anyone was trying to be negative either, but I can certainly see how being stressed about Monday and reading that might be seen in a negative light.
    423 karma
    True.... Let it roll off your shoulder. You can't let that type of stuff get to you, ever. People all react to stress differently. I don't think anyone was trying to be negative either, but I can certainly see how being stressed about Monday and reading that might be seen in a negative light.
    It never rolled on my shoulder, it's all good.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Creasey LSAT" said:
    It never rolled on my shoulder, it's all good.
    You could have fooled me! :)
    That's the attitude, though... You can't be giving random speculations any thought this close to the test, homie. You put the work in and now it's all about being mentally prepared!

Good luck!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Yeah, the difficulty of the exam is most likely to be a fluctuation of a couple points to get a 170. This isn't new information, and thinking of hypotheticals supported by evidence as somehow negative really doesn't make a lot of sense to me. We all know all the hypotheticals already. There might be a crazy weird new game. There might be a super hard RC passage. These are just the realities of every test. If peoples' acknowledgment of that reality is going to stress anyone out, then you really do probably just want to stay off LSAT forums until after the test. I haven't seen anything on any thread beyond a discussion of the things we already know to be expecting as possibilities. If any of this is new information to anyone, then it's information you really do need to acquire before--not during--the test on Saturday.