Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Writing the LSAT on the 6th – Will accommodated test takers get the same test?

drzoidbergdrzoidberg Free Trial Member
in General 70 karma
Hi guys,

I'm writing the LSAT on the 6th instead of tomorrow because of my accommodations. I was wondering if we get the same test or a different one?

Thanks!

Comments

• Anna MarieAnna Marie Alum Member
    210 karma
    There's another thread about this somewhere, but I believe the consensus was that it will likely be a different test.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    @"Anna Marie" said:
    it will likely be a different test.
    Yep.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited December 2016 23929 karma
    @"Anna Marie" said:
    There's another thread about this somewhere, but I believe the consensus was that it will likely be a different test.
    I did some research after I responded to the thread that asked this the other day and I'm *now* nearly 100% certain it is a different test.

ETA: spelling
    27809 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    I'm not nearly 100% certain it is a different test.
    Interesting. I know that nobody is supposed to discuss the test, but that would seem really unfair if they administered the same test afterwards.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Interesting. I know that nobody is supposed to discuss the test, but that would seem really unfair if they administered the same test afterwards.
    Damn Phone, lol. I actually wrote that wrong. I meant I am NOW nearly 100% certain it is a different test.

*Edited*
    27809 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    Damn Phone, lol. I actually wrote that wrong. I meant I am NOW nearly 100% certain it is a different test.
    Haha! Okay, I was perfectly willing to trust your research, lol, but that just seemed so wrong!
  • steve-10steve-10 Alum Member
    192 karma
    Why do you think phones, mechanical pencils, digital watches, etc. are not allowed? Because LSAC is afraid of miniature cameras for recording test questions or answers. I would be astounded if they administered the same test days later.
    27809 karma
    @"steve-10" said:
    phones, mechanical pencils, digital watches, etc. are not allowed? Because LSAC is afraid of miniature cameras for recording test questions or answers. I would be astounded if they administered the same test days later.
    Exactly! They take SO many precautions, it would just be too reckless to provide this window for cheating.
  • bobmusclesbobmuscles Free Trial Member
    edited November 2017 2 karma

@"Cant Get Right" @"Alex Divine" Alex, are you conclusive sure it's a different test? Accomadated takers on TLS thread said it was the same test.

@Matthew524 said "will have the same exact test as everyone else even if it is on a different day than the other test takers ( I had to take my LSAT a week later than everyone and still had the same exam)."

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

I've also seen on Powerscore that LSAC has administered the same test a couple days later.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Cant Get Right" @"Alex Divine" Alex, are you conclusive sure it's a different test? Accomadated takers on TLS thread said it was the same test.

@Matthew524 said "will have the same exact test as everyone else even if it is on a different day than the other test takers ( I had to take my LSAT a week later than everyone and still had the same exam)."

No way to know conclusively because people have reported getting the same test. It seems inconclusive at best. However, I know for a fact that in the several people I've personally spoken to on TLS & 7Sage have gotten completely different tests when they've taken it on different days.

If you have the same exact test, what stops people from just telling you what to expect? The LSAC knows that people talk after the test regardless of their rules and regulations. For that reason I would bet my money on having a different test. Again, there's no way to know for certain though.

Que sera, sera

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Try looking at a post-test forum on Powerscore, as they have subforums for accommodated and non-accommodated students. Also, not that you would do this, but don't talk about this at the test center. They have some rule against it.