Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My roommate keep inviting her friends to our apt...

LSATakerLSATaker Free Trial Member
edited December 2016 in General 250 karma
Feel really stressful...
They chat in the living room and I cannot sleep well.
She does not let me know in advance even though I asked her so many times.
How should I tell her?
After she invite a frined A then she invited a friend B...and it's a male this time. He has already been here for a week and before that he stayed on Friday. Sat. Sun...
Is this normal???
I told her I'm studying for LSAT but...
Sorry not related to lSAT question :(

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Yeah, that's pretty normal, lol. By having roommates, we make certain tradeoffs: Lower rent and split utilities exchanged for shared living space. A week is starting to push how long would typically be appropriate to have a guest. At about two weeks, he either needs to beat it or else start paying rent, haha.
  • LSATakerLSATaker Free Trial Member
    250 karma
    @"Cant Get Right"
    I see...:(
    Sounds like he is going to stay more than 2 weeks cuz she said he has business in this city.
    How should I tell her if he is going to stay more than 2 weeks?
    ...."Can you pay the rent?"
  • jeremybenthamjeremybentham Alum Member
    137 karma
    slip some zzzquil into her coffee -- problem solved
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @LSATaker said:
    Feel really stressful...
    They chat in the living room and I cannot sleep well.
    She does not let me know in advance even though I asked her so many times.
    How should I tell her?
    After she invite a frined A then she invited a friend B...and it's a male this time. He has already been here for a week and before that he stayed on Friday. Sat. Sun...
    Is this normal???
    I told her I'm studying for LSAT but...
    Sorry not related to lSAT question :(
    Roommates can be tricky because if you cause conflict, then you're stuck with them.

Is it normal? Ehhh..No, but nothing is normal with certain roommates..... unfortunately.

I think you need to talk to her again and really let her know that this isn't ok with you. Be kind, but direct and firm.
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    @LSATaker ole dude would definitely not be there that long without paying something!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    @LSATaker said:
    How should I tell her if he is going to stay more than 2 weeks?
    Lol, I dunno man. I mean, it kind of depends on y'all's relationship. I was really close friends with my old roommates, so I'd've just given them shit about it until they got right, lol. That doesn't work if you're not tight though, so you just got to deal with whatever your situation is.
  • wildernesswilderness Alum Member
    edited December 2016 133 karma
    Friend A
    Friend B - stayed for a week, Gender: Male

This is a simple In Out Grouping Game.

In Group: Two slots
    Out group: undefined slots

Rule: If you're (1) an uninvited guest or (2) a male, you're out

The In Group has been filled already by pieces X (you), Y (your roommate), thus pushing all the other pieces incl. uninvited guests and males out

Ez Pz

Realistically, yeah you can't determine when or when she can't have male suitors at her house
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @wilderness You are the MVP hahaha! Thank you for making my day
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    @wilderness awesome! No BR needed on this one! Bubble your answer and move on with confidence!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    And that's why @wilderness will be getting a 180 lol
  • fudgiethequailfudgiethequail Core Member
    75 karma
    What is on the lease? There must be something there about length of stay for guests. By staying for days without leaving you have another tenant.
    250 karma
    @v.gavryushenko
    It does not say...
    She also does not show me the contract she had with the landlord so...
    I'm afraid this continues to happen and especially the day before the test...
    I cannot sleep well with earplug and even when I tried it sometimes I can hear their conversation.
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @LSATaker said:
    I'm afraid this continues to happen and especially the day before the test...
    I cannot sleep well with earplug and even when I tried it sometimes I can hear their conversation.
    i completely understand your pain. Maybe talk to your landlord (if she doesn't own the place)? also, plan b (if she doesn't change her behaviour) is to move out! She sounds very disrespectful and honestly, if you're not struggling with money it's worth losing a bit of money to get out. when you're looking for roommates, it's important to establish rules from the get go. I am assuming this didn't occur with your roommate. Another suggestion of mine would be to sleep at a hotel 1 or 2 days before the test if she has guests. Good luck with your roommate.
    250 karma
    @DEC_LSAT
    Thanks,
    Yeah I will talk to her first and if she does not change I guess I have to move out or find a hotel then...thanks for the advice!
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @LSATaker said:
    Yeah I will talk to her first and if she does not change I guess I have to move out or find a hotel then...thanks for the advice!
    no problem, good luck! i hope it goes well!