Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Silly question about test booklet

MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
in General 2086 karma
Hey y'all,

So, I have a silly question about the test booklet. What "type" of paper does the LSAC use on their official tests? Is it the same paper used for the PTs?
The reason I ask is because I would like to use #3 pencils for the LG section (#2 to bubble). However, #3 pencils tend to be somewhat difficult to read on recycled or thin paper. Tried using a #3 pencil on a PT that was provided to me by another prep company, and I couldn't even see what I was writing, lol.

Comments

• BreeBreeBreeBree Member
    219 karma
    Maybe stick with #2 to be safe
  • steve-10steve-10 Alum Member
    edited December 2016 192 karma
    LSAC specifies #2 or HB pencils. While they shouldn't care other than for the bubbles, and perhaps for the writing sample, they strike me as people who try to find picayune things to care about.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    I believed the "#2 pencils only" requirement is for the scantron (I could be wrong). I don't intend on using a #3 to bubble in answers, just for the LG section. I think I may just use #2s...just hate how fast they go dull, lol.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Hey @MrSamIam , good to see you around again, and good luck tomorrow! The paper is very similar to the little individual test books; maybe ever so slightly thinner. Hope that helps. You can always just see how it goes and then roll with what you get. Just make sure you have enough pencils for whatever contingency you end up with.
    @"steve-10" said:
    they strike me as people who try to find picayune things to care about.
    Absolutely they do. For example, if they specify "#2 or HB" pencils on the list of things allowed in the test room, then you would not technically be allowed to even have #3s. That's a kind of absurd level of prudence, but best to make sure you're impeccable. So just make sure it all checks out first.
    2086 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" It's good to be back! I decided to kick my studies into overdrive, and had to deal with a few personal things...hence the whole MIA.
    Turns out they use flimsy paper. Fortunately, I went in with #2s! Might have to retake though...the LG section destroyed me. And I got 2 RCs...TWO RCs!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    edited December 2016 27809 karma
    Damn, [edit 3] 2 RCs is the worst. On my very first LSAT, I started with back to back RC, ugh!

And it does sound like this LG was really brutal. Hopefully you did better than you think. Same thing happened to me on the virus game and it turned out not to have gone quite so bad as I thought.
    2086 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" Back to back RC? Jeez, the LSAC is sadistic!
    It seems so. Most of the takers in my room were complaining as we were walking out. I made it through the first two games, then spent a few minutes wondering what the heck the third game was asking for. By the time I finally came up with a diagram (in hindsight, it was incredibly simple) the proctor called the 5 minute warning. I think I guessed on about 10 questions...ugh, had it not been for LG and a few funky LR questions, I would have walked out a happy LSAT-taker. Oh well, rant over!