Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you wear on the test day?

icecreamparfaiticecreamparfait Free Trial Member
edited December 2016 in General 82 karma
Hi, edited title and re-use it since it seems we can only post two threads:

My new question is...
What do you wear on the test day?
Would it be too warm in the test center due to the heater?
I'm thinking to wear something casual...like, really casual...
Anyone doing similar or will you wear formal such as suits etc.?

Original post:
It means we need to arrive at the test center by 8:30am right?
Or should we arrive at the test center at 30 min earlier to do those procedures?

Thanks

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    I would try to arrive at around 8 AM. That way you have time to get situated, use the bathroom, and relax before going in the room.
  • icecreamparfaiticecreamparfait Free Trial Member
    82 karma
    Thanks @montaha.rizeq
    So wait...I heard we cannot use the bathroom once we check in, right?
    But we can still use the bathroom after entering the building?(test center?
    82 karma
    Do you know how long the explanation bfr the test lasts? like 15 minutes and then start? It seems it depends on test center I heard...
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Yeah, get there early. You can use the bathroom until you check in. Once you check in though, you can't leave the test room until time starts on the first section. Normally, the test will start around 9/9:15 or so.
    82 karma
    @"Cant Get Right"
    Thanks. So we can enter the building and I guess we check in in front of the test room or smt right...so we can use bathroom aft entering the building but once enter the test room, we cannot use it.
    This is my 1st take so...it's so basic question but thanks.
    27809 karma
    @mw393730 said:
    So we can enter the building and I guess we check in in front of the test room or smt right...so we can use bathroom aft entering the building but once enter the test room, we cannot use it.
    Affirmative. My plan was to get there early but then to just hang around outside the check in point. I was one of the first ones there then almost last to check in.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    I was one of the first ones there then almost last to check in.
    100% agree with this. I had a bad experience the first test, but it would have been a million times worse had I not been in the last group of 20 to check in, although I arrived about 8:15. Our LSAT didn't start until after 10am though everyone was checked in by 8:55. So everyone who checked in at 8 had to sit in that room for over an hour before we even started and then instructions took another hour. There were about 100 of us in the room.
    82 karma
    @stepharizona
    Thanks for sharing your experience...and sorry to hear what happened.
    Do you know why that happened? some students got late? I thought if we are late we are just not allowed to take the test...
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @mw393730 said:
    Hi, edited title and re-use it since it seems we can only post two threads:
    You can post multiple threads, there's just a delay so there's no spam.
  • steve-10steve-10 Alum Member
    192 karma
    I can't think of any reason to arrive early except to allow for transportation contingencies such as traffic. I might "hang around" in my car.
    27809 karma
    @"steve-10" said:
    I can't think of any reason to arrive early except to allow for transportation contingencies such as traffic.
    Yeah, that's exactly right. There's no real advantage to being there early. You just want to plan to get there early in order to make sure that if anything unexpected happens you've allowed enough time to deal with it.
  • Stevie CStevie C Alum Member
    edited December 2016 645 karma
    I'm going to wear slip-on sneakers, cotton pants (not khakis, they're more casual with a greenish gray color) and maybe a thin wool sweater. It's around 70 F now where I am. I live in a tropical climate so there won't be a heater running.

If you're worried about the room's temperature, LSAC's official stance is to dress in layers so you can make adjustments as needed.
  • dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma
    @"Stevie C" C may I ask where you live?
  • Stevie CStevie C Alum Member
    645 karma
    @dennisgerrard said:
    may I ask where you live?
    PM sent
  • TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma
    the first time I wore jeans and a Long sleeve shirt. the second time I took the test, I wore sweatpants and a lone sleeve shirt. needless to say that my 2nd option was the superior one seeing as I was comfortable af haha
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Just wanted to leave this here for future LSAT takers:

1) Try wearing what you typically wore while PTing. The less you change, the more comfortable you'll feel.

2) Be prepared for temperature changes. Just because it's warm out, doesn't mean the room is going to be warm. Similarly, just because it's below freezing outside, doesn't mean your room won't be 101 degrees (hopefully not). My recommendation would be to wear a short sleeve shirt, a jacket, and pants (the jacket can be taken off or put back on if they decide to blast the AC or turn the room into a sauna).

3) Listen to @montaha.rizeq ! Use the restroom before you go, and get there early in case your bladder decides to mess with you. There were about 60-70 of us, split between 2 rooms. The line for the restroom was incredibly long...
  • chgunnschgunns Alum Member
    92 karma
    Wear whatever you are comfortable with. I wore something exactly like what I wore in practice tests. I was one of the few people in a button up shirt and khakis, but anything you can do to make test day seem familiar is a benefit.

If you are testing nearby, ask around to find out which rooms are used and try to get in there for practice tests after you have reached a point where your results are in your acceptable range. There's nothing like associating the success of a "YAY!" score with the room in which you will eventually test.
  • Calgary77321Calgary77321 Alum Member
    edited December 2016 42 karma
    I brought a thermal sweater with me since I was told this building is usually super cold. Maybe it was, but with a resting HR of 140, I was fine with a t-shirt and sweat pants. I always make sure to remember to bring pants. -Mike
  • 180pronto180pronto Free Trial Member
    edited December 2016 58 karma
    I wore sweats and my most comfortable shoes(Nike Roshe). I also brought a jacket but took it off and put it on a table besides me before the test started. Better to dress warmer since you can take off a layer or 2 rather than wear something that you may be cold in due to the AC.
  • camcam Alum Member
    349 karma
    I'm planning on wearing my regular clothes. I tend to dress in layers since I am almost always cold. So, it will be long pants, a t-shirt, and a flannel shirt. The flannel keeps me warm enough for if the room is cold (below 70), yet if they have the heat cranked, the t-shirt will be cool enough.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    Depends when I take it to be honest. If I do end up taking in June, I'll prob wear shorts and a t-shirt. If I take in September/December, I'll probably dress in layers. I also have the luxury of taking at my alma mater and I know how the temperature usually is.
  • lawschoolstuff16lawschoolstuff16 Alum Member
    328 karma
    I'll be wearing a long sleeved shirt under a knitted sweater with a longer scarf that I can bundle in. Leggings, to be comfortable, and probably flats despite what weather it is because I like to sit cross legged when I'm sitting in a desk and working on something for a while. I'm aiming for maximum comfort, but conveniently the sweater and scarf that I am planning to wear are both nice, and professional in addition to being really cozy.

I can't focus for the life of me in colder rooms, and sometimes the LSAT is administered in science buildings (unfortunately) so I want to make sure I have as many layers on as possible. Worst case scenario: I have to shed some layers. Best case: my outfit works, and the cold hasn't distracted me.

Either way, it's something I've worn several times before, so I already know what to expect. This is something I'd recommend doing.
  • texvd1988texvd1988 Member
    605 karma
    Sweats, a sports t, and a light jacket.

The only negatives about the profession I want to work in is the dress code. I am an extremely laid back person. Professional attire sucks. Hell, jeans suck too.

I am getting my last bits of comfort in before I have to go professional for the rest of my life.
  • jeffshrpjeffshrp Member
    6 karma
    Suit up. Match one of the colors of the tie to your eyes and be sure to vary the pattern size between the shirt and tie. Shoes must match belt. Be sure to train how you fight and wear it for practice tests as well.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    edited December 2016 5120 karma
    Please check out your test site - please:)
    @mw393730 said:
    But we can still use the bathroom after entering the building?(test center?
    Even with a site visit before picking my test center, they changed the test to a different building that did not have interior accommodations prior to check-in - we stood outside the door in line and were sent to the fast-food restaurant next door to use the restroom before entering the building and being assigned our seats. Fortunately the weather was not an issue for me in Sept or a fellow 7Sager taking at the same test site in Dec.

Yes, you may ask why we were crazy enough to accept that situation -- but the positives of less than 20 people in a room versus 2+ hours just to get everyone checked into amphitheater seating to start the test was strong enough incentive to deal with the pre-test potty situation...
    To each their own:)

As for clothing, I agree with the peeps that say wear the same thing you wear to PT - for me that is the most comfy clothes in my closet and definitely bring layers to adjust to different temperatures.

For those that need to Dress for Success - that is awesome!! but just not for me:)
    All the best!!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    I recently purchased this awesome under armor workout suit and its so comfortable that I am now considering wearing it for test day. These pants feel like air, haha.

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/pcid1280734?scid=scplp1280734-001_Medium&sc_intid=1280734-001_Medium&cid=PLA|US|B|GGL|DES&gclid=CjwKEAiAp97CBRDr2Oyl-faxqRMSJABx4kh9ClVrTzTzhcdST_OPJRynwXDuvwvNRzXcqILJCmj_QRoCue7w_wcB