Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I cannot upgrade from the Free Version because I cannot pay!

ahoneycahoneyc Alum Member
edited September 2014 in Technical Problems 48 karma
I have been trying all day to upgrade to a paid package, but every time I try to pay, I am unable to do so. I enter my name and e-mail address and then click on the button that says "Enter Payment Information", then it thinks for a little bit, but then nothing happens. I contacted Stripe Support because when I tried to use my phone to pay, I got an error message after pressing the same button that said I needed to send an e-mail to Stripe Support. So I alerted them to the issue and they wrote back saying that this was an issue with 7Sage and that I should contact you.

I live in Bolivia. Could this be the issue? Are people with IP addresses from outside of the U.S. unable to purchase a 7Sage course? Please respond as soon as possible because I would like to start my course!

Comments

• ahoneycahoneyc Alum Member
    48 karma
    Also, I tried to pay in Safari and in Chrome and had the same problem in both browsers.
  • Luluc1234Luluc1234 Alum Member
    150 karma
    I had same problem when I tried to upgrade using the Safari on iPad. I would suggest try to upgrade on a different tool (phone, computer, iPad, etc). Once I have paid for the course, I had no problem accessing the materials on iPad, iPhone, or Mac.
  • Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3074 karma
    @ahoneyc - Thanks for your message, and sorry for the hassle! I went in and tested the purchase system on Mac Chrome from a Romanian IP address, iPad Safari, and the iPhone 7Sage app, and they seem to be working for me.

One bug that I've noticed but haven't figured out how to fix yet is that occasionally when you click "Enter Payment Information" you get the spinner for a couple of seconds, but no payment form pops up.

If this is happening to you, clicking "Enter Payment Information" a second time should solve it. Please try this. Or if that doesn't help, please try using a different device.

If this doesn't help, please let me know, with some more information about what is happening when you try to purchase - it'll help me dig in and figure out what's going on.
  • ahoneycahoneyc Alum Member
    48 karma
    Hi Alan,

What you just described was exactly what was happening to me, except when I continued to click "Enter Payment Information", it did not automatically fix itself. However, on Sunday morning, I tried to pay again on my computer, just to see what would happen, and when I clicked "Enter Payment Information", the little box for my credit card information came right up and I was able to pay successfully!

I've started the course and now everything is fine, but this probably is a bug that you guys should take a look at so that other people do not run in to the same issue.