Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Outside US LSAT?

kyletedwardskyletedwards Free Trial Member
edited September 2014 in September 2014 LSAT 4 karma
Is the LSAT administered outside the US (like in the UK) different from the US one?

Comments

• ninaqomninaqom Alum Member
    26 karma
    Yes I believe. I took the LSAT in Paris and from what US folks discuss, I see that my test is different. Furthermore, you won't eet to see how many questions you got wrong each section as foreign tests are not disclosed!
  • smartjoshua90smartjoshua90 Alum Member
    edited September 2014 128 karma
    I'm copying and pasting my own comment to a very similar question in a different thread. In case you missed that, please consider this:

"I will be taking the test next Sunday, which is the official "September" date for the LSAT administered in Asia. It will also be undisclosed, just as the LSAT administered in the UK, as you mentioned. By nature of the test being undisclosed, NO ONE can possibly "factually confirm" whether the test will be different.

That being said, if one had to guess, yes, the content may be different; more important, however, the difficulty - not so much. As we all know, the LSAT is a "standardized" test; while I have not come across a hard, physical data that show that the average LSAT score in Asia (or in other parts of the world, for that matter) is different from that of the US, I would make a reasonable assumption that the LSAC has no reasons or incentives to administer significantly different tests across continents.

So I wouldn't worry about prepping for the "correct LSAT." Any rumors you hear about the differences in the test are just that - rumors. Theoretically, what you learn here on 7sage and on your own will be as applicable and valid in one part of the world as in another."

Now that I re-read it, I was probably wrong about "NO ONE" being able to factually confirm any discrepancies. But I still believe that theoretically, no difference in the test would have resulted in a dramatic influence on your performance that would have caused you to get a significantly different score had you sat on the test administered in another part of the world (I'm sorry this sentence reads like a stim in LR - I must be in the LSAT state of mind....).