Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official December LSAT Discussion Thread

inactiveinactive Alum Member
edited December 2016 in December 2016 LSAT 12637 karma
Hey guys! Here's the official December LSAT Discussion Thread. Please keep all discussions of the December 2016 LSAT here!

Here's some ground rules, taken from my usual sticky:

We know that everyone will be excited to discuss what was on the December '16 LSAT, but mentioning specifics about the test (e.g., "I got B for question 6" or "the 3rd LG was sequencing") can get both us and you in a lot of trouble with LSAC. Saying that the test was hard/easy without going into detail is okay, but anything more specific is not okay. LSAC monitors this forum.

If you're unsure what may be too specific, feel free to PM me with what you'd like to post.

The only exception is you can say which sections were real or experimental. For example, the LG with "flowers" was experimental. That's okay.

TL;DR: PLEASE don't talk specifics about December's LSAT in detail!

Here's where you can see the current Real/Experimental Sections:
https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/9666/december-2016-lsat-real-experimental-sections-keywords

Have fun discussing!
LSAT Difficulty
  1. How difficult do you think the December LSAT was?238 votes
    1. Very difficult. It was a real challenge.
      43.28%
    2. As difficult as any other LSAT. I was well prepared.
      44.96%
    3. Not difficult at all. It was underwhelming.
        2.52%
    4. Kill me.
        9.24%

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma
    I always look forward to these. Good luck everyone <3
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Good luck indeed!
  • mk940808mk940808 Alum Member
    209 karma
    I'm the first one to finish!!! Wooo!! WHICH WAS THE REAL LG??? I want to cry -- did so badly in one of them.

The real RC is the one with Rawls theory of justice!!
    12637 karma
    It begins! Let us know what sections you got.
    12637 karma
    @mk940808 said:
    The real RC is the one with Rawls theory of justice!!
    Thanks! Looks like the real LG is the one with the Corporations Trading with Eachother question.
  • mk940808mk940808 Alum Member
    209 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" yessssss!! That's not the one I did terrible in. So just remembering stuff now, RC had the Great Migration of African Americans from the South to the North in 1915 (super interesting passage), how Rawls theory of justice differs from utilitarianism, and I will update on the last two when I remember. Overall RC was really easy.

LR was also decent. The questions I remember are on caterpillars (wtf LSAC enough with this) and will also update as I remember.

edited December 2016 12637 karma
    @mk940808 Great! Do you recognize these from LR?
    -Smokers, Low Body Weight, Health
    -Wolves Eating Moose
    -Blaming a Company for Pollution until there was Algae
    12637 karma
    Can't update this without you guys! Let me know what sections you got.
  • Alexander-2Alexander-2 Alum Member
    60 karma
    The moose one for sure. The rest I can barely remember.
    There was one about a TRex in my last LR section (5)
  • hufflepuffhufflepuff Free Trial Member
    70 karma
    I had the experimental RC and SO glad the Rawls one was real!! Esp after a potentially disastrous LG... From your list, pretty sure violinist/pianist LG is exp.
    12637 karma
    @"Alexander-2" said:
    There was one about a TRex in my last LR section (5)
    Real LR?
    12637 karma
    @hufflepuff said:
    From your list, pretty sure violinist/pianist LG is exp.
    Thanks!
    60 karma
    I believe (and hope) so. I had 3LRS and I think my first was experimental. I was anxious and had to pee for the first 3 sections (LR, RC, LR) so apart from the reading (Rawls, Migration, Insider Trading, Brain Scans--all stuff I was lucky enough to know something about beforehand) it was a complete blur
    12637 karma
    @"Alexander-2" said:
    I believe (and hope) so.
    Gotcha, thanks! I'll keep it in the unconfirmed section until someone with no experimental LR can confirm.
    70 karma
    Confirming T-rex was real :)
    12637 karma
    @hufflepuff said:
    Confirming T-rex was real :)
    Thanks!
    60 karma
    Might be redundant but the LGs i had were Oil/watercolor paintings, trading buildings, Green/Red team, and Mystery clues
  • solkriossolkrios Free Trial Member
    edited December 2016 140 karma
    I don't remember anything about companies blaming until their was algae on LR. I thought the Corporations trading buildings game was super tough. Didn't even get through it. Luckily it was my last game and I just bubbled. Anyone else draw a blank?
    12637 karma
    @"Alexander-2" said:
    Might be redundant but the LGs i had were Oil/watercolor paintings, trading buildings, Green/Red team, and Mystery clues
    Thanks! Real LG all set up. :D
    12637 karma
    @solkrios said:
    I don't remember anything about companies blaming until their was algae on LR.
    Moving that to unconfirmed since I'm getting mixed feelings on it.
  • lm125108lm125108 Member
    134 karma
    The companies trading buildings was SO hard! I would take the computer virus game over that one. Didn't finish it.
  • twaywelltwaywell Free Trial Member
    19 karma
    Had an experimental LR, there was a question about doctors and handwriting in the 2nd, really hope that section was real
    12637 karma
    @lm125108 said:
    The companies trading buildings was SO hard! I would take the computer virus game over that one. Didn't finish it.
    Hahaha I've seen a few people say that. Others are saying it was just as tricky, people are panicking and not getting it right away.
  • emilycyoung1emilycyoung1 Free Trial Member
    234 karma
    Anybody else think the real LG was really difficult? That's normally my best section and I bombed it. The water colors and oil painting game and the companies trading games were tough.
    234 karma
    Also I had the moose question on LR. I also remember a leopard magpie question on one section and a those who desire to be kind and devaluing companies questions on another LR section.
  • nouamanmnouamanm Alum Member
    8 karma
    @emilycyoung1 I was never quite proficient at games, but I agree wholeheartedly. Had to guess around six in the last two games, bummed out rn.
    12637 karma
    @twaywell said:
    Had an experimental LR, there was a question about doctors and handwriting
    Added it to the unconfirmed section so people can let me know!
    12637 karma
    @emilycyoung1 said:
    Also I had the moose question on LR. I also remember a leopard magpie question on one section and a those who desire to be kind and devaluing companies questions on another LR section.
    Did you have experimental LR?
    234 karma
    I did but I can't remember any of those questions unfortunately
    12637 karma
    @emilycyoung1 said:
    I did but I can't remember any of those questions unfortunately
    Thanks, added those to unconfirmed for now.
    60 karma
    I remember a question about doctors and handwriting as well, I think in my last of 3 LR sections. I had an experimental LR. I thought the the handwriting question was real. I'm an unreliable narrator right now though
  • dantlee14dantlee14 Free Trial Member
    617 karma
    Yeah I had experimental LR, the LG were brutally difficult. I felt great about LR and RC, but those last two logic games killed any chance I had at a 170+ IMO.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    @hufflepuff said:
    T-rex was real :)
    Uh oh, lol, dinosaur/reptile questions are hard!

Also, happy birfday Dillon!!!
    617 karma
    I think the rough part for me was that I was psyched out after the LG, so I probably did worse on the final LR (which was the t-rex one for me) than I should have.
  • esteeroseesteerose Alum Member
    382 karma
    I had a super easy experimental LG section, so I was all psyched....until I got to my last section (the REAL LG section) and had to guess most of the last two games (trading buildings and watercolors). Is there any way they'll curve it? Take some questions out? Why the hell was that so hard??

LG is my best section. I usually get -2, or -3 wrong. I think I got about half of these wrong.

382 karma
    Also, do they make up the difficulties by giving us easier sections? I thought RC was pretty interesting, i.e. not as hard as it usually is.
  • solkriossolkrios Free Trial Member
    140 karma
    Another interesting thing: I took the Sept exam in Rome and the watercolor/oil setup really resembled one I had then (I had two), about Ghana and other countries. I wouldn't think they'd recycle an idea that fast, but who knows!
    12637 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Also, happy birfday Dillon!!!
    Thank you! :)

@"Alexander-2" said:
    I remember a question about doctors and handwriting as well, I think in my last of 3 LR sections. I had an experimental LR. I thought the the handwriting question was real. I'm an unreliable narrator right now though
    Thanks! Keeping it in unconfirmed for now until someone with no experimental LR can confirm.
  • twaywelltwaywell Free Trial Member
    edited December 2016 19 karma
    Also LR questions about an18th-century church organ; ignuanas on an island; birds and their nests; politician. Don't know real/experimental
    edited December 2016 12637 karma
    Anyone with NO EXPERIMENTAL LR get any of these?

-Blaming a Company for Pollution until there was Algae
    -Puzzles
    -Doctors and Handwriting
    -Leopard Magpie
    -Those Who Desire to be Kind
    -Devaluing Companies
    -18th-Century Church Organ
    -Iguanas on an Island
    -Birds and Their Nests
    -Politician
    27809 karma
    @esteerose said:
    Is there any way they'll curve it?
    Yeah, the grading scale will reflect the difficulty of the test, so if the LG really was as hard as it's starting to sound like, you're likely to get a generous scale.
    27809 karma
    @esteerose said:
    Also, do they make up the difficulties by giving us easier sections?
    It really does feel this way sometimes. The difficulty almost never feels evenly distributed. So if LG was the "hard" section on this one, I'd expect LR and RC to be a little more manageable. That's based on past, circumstantial evidence, but that seems to be how it normally goes.
  • lm125108lm125108 Member
    134 karma
    I had experimental LR: 1 with 25 questions and 2 with 26. I'm really hoping the first of the two 26-question sections was real. I found it to be the easiest of the 3 LR sections, but I'm blanking on what any of the questions were!
    382 karma
    I remember the cat food, birds and nests, iguana on island, and the organ ones. My I didn't have an experimental LR
  • pennsylvaniavoter-1pennsylvaniavoter-1 Free Trial Member
    20 karma
    I had cat food, organ, politician. Maybe some of others, can't remember. Only 2 LR for me so both real
    617 karma
    I thought the RC was intentionally made very easy to "make up" for the difficulty of the LG, so I don't really expect a significant curve.
    12637 karma
    @esteerose said:
    I remember the cat food, birds and nests, iguana on island, and the organ ones. My I didn't have an experimental LR
    @"pennsylvaniavoter-1" said:
    I had cat food, organ, politician. Maybe some of others, can't remember. Only 2 LR for me so both real
    Thank you both!
  • samburst95samburst95 Free Trial Member
    16 karma
    was the resolve question about touching something blue and touching something red real or experimental?
    70 karma
    I think leopard magpie was (something about motivation being avoiding predators vs attracting mates), definitely church organ and iguanas on island.

Birds and nests maybe? There was one about poison ivy plants that included that in an AC.
    27809 karma
    @dantlee14 said:
    I thought the RC was intentionally made very easy to "make up" for the difficulty of the LG, so I don't really expect a significant curve.
    That's still good though if that was the case. That will have a similar effect because it means it's much more likely that people over-performed RC:)