Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official December LSAT Discussion Thread

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @samburst95 said:
    was the resolve question about touching something blue and touching something red real or experimental?
    What section?
  • esteeroseesteerose Alum Member
    edited December 2016 382 karma
    @"Cant Get Right"
    you're likely to get a generous scale.
    Is there a good website or thread that explains the scale, or can you sum it up?
  • samburst95samburst95 Free Trial Member
    16 karma
    Also, was the LR question about what year the book was written based on it asking where he was real or experimental
    edited December 2016 16 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    What section?
    LR
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    @esteerose said:
    can you sum it up?
    So when we say a test is a -10 or a -12 test, that's the number of questions you can miss and still score a 170. Let me see if I can find a link to a more indepth explanation of the grading structure. It's not curved, it's "equated," but I probably can't explain that very well, lol.
  • 10 karma
    Had two RC - I remember birds and nests, cat food, iguanas, organ, leopard magpie - I don't remember anything about companies and algae though.
    12637 karma
    was the resolve question about touching something blue and touching something red real or experimental?
    @samburst95 said:
    Also, was the LR question about what year the book was written based on it asking where he was real or experimental
    Adding both to unconfirmed list.
    27809 karma
  • SimbatronSimbatron Member
    175 karma
    Is there a way we can confirm which section the LR questions are from? I had LR, RC, LR, LG, LR. I remember all the questions that are being discussed, but I cannot for the life of me remember which section they came from. It's all such a blur!! I do know I felt I did better on 2/3 of the LR sections though so........any help is greatly appreciated (:
  • SimbatronSimbatron Member
    175 karma
    Also yeah, the trading LG WTF!!! I'd say it was worse than the virus one.
  • brigittemiriambrigittemiriam Free Trial Member
    20 karma
    @emilycyoung1 I also had a hard time with the LG section. It has always been my weakest section, but I had gotten to a point where I was confidently completing at least three games in all my the prep tests. On this one I was bumbling through the third game (the watercolor/oil paintings) and didn't even get to the one about the companies switching buildings. Just wanted to let you know you weren't alone thinking it was a rough section :-) In any case, I think I had a better experience than the guy in the room who threw up in the middle of it.
  • BreeBreeBreeBree Member
    edited December 2016 219 karma
    So the LG game with the paintings on the wall and the trading company screwed me with no vaseline !! Because wtf was that ???? to top it off I got 3 LR sections... I believe section 3 (26 questions ) was the experimental .. section one (25 questions) and section five (26 questions) i think were real ..... in other words, I am freaking out because LG is one of my strongest sections and I believe I bombed the last two question sets. They had no mercy whatsoever.
    382 karma
    @BreeBree I am feeling the same way. I was depending on my LG skills to make up for the other sections, but I had to guess on those two hard games.
  • FrostbyteFrostbyte Member
    140 karma
    I didn't finish LG.. Guessed almost all of the last two :( I don't understand what happened.. I usually go -0 or -1 on LG.. anyone else experience this?
    140 karma
    Actually thinking of cancelling my score after the LG.
  • TheLoftGuyTheLoftGuy Alum Member
    690 karma
    I killed that RC. I said this can't be real. The other one was hard af it was so sciencee that I just knew it was real. Glad it's not. One of the LR was a breeze. The other not as hard at Sept but not easy. That LG might have tanked me. Hard af. Much harder than Sept.
    382 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" Thank you for the link! I'll be hoping for a -14 curve, then.
  • EmmaWI88EmmaWI88 Alum Member
    213 karma
    OK I had 3 LR sections.

I remember the last contained a T-Rex question about their weird ass bodies.

Middle I'm blanking on......sorry

First I think had a cat food question.

I'm certain the first or third were experimental though as the third contained 26 questions and I believe at least one LR has 26 and I think the first two only had 25.
    16 karma
    alexander the great was the real 26 question LR, correct? If so, then what was the real 25 question LR?
    382 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" Do the 7sage scores reflect the curve? Or is there not much of a difference.
    27809 karma
    @esteerose said:
    Do the 7sage scores reflect the curve?
    They do, so that should give you an excellent idea of how tests tend to balance out!
    219 karma
    @samburst95 I don't remember a question about alexander the great.... what section was that in?
    12637 karma
    @EmmaWI88 said:
    I remember the last contained a T-Rex question about their weird ass bodies.

Middle I'm blanking on......sorry

First I think had a cat food question.
    T-Rex and Cat Food are real
  • hufflepuffhufflepuff Free Trial Member
    70 karma
    Alexander the Great was real, in my 2nd LR section
    16 karma
    @BreeBree said:
    @samburst95 I don't remember a question about alexander the great.... what section was that in?
    LR
  • noorulainsohailnoorulainsohail Free Trial Member
    10 karma
    The piano/violence duet game thing was the worst question I have ever come across. Worse than the preptest 77's awful third one. Please tell me that one was experimental!
    219 karma
    @hufflepuff I didn't get one about alexander the great ...
  • dreamlawschooldreamlawschool Alum Member
    139 karma
    Does anyone else get the feeling that the LSAT writers are starting to get unhinged on the games sections?
    12637 karma
    @BreeBree said:
    I didn't get one about alexander the great ...
    Did you take it overseas? This was confirmed real by multiple people - Alexander the Great's tomb
    12637 karma
    @noorulainsohail said:
    The piano/violence duet game thing was the worst question I have ever come across. Worse than the preptest 77's awful third one. Please tell me that one was experimental!
    You're in luck, it was experimental.
    @samburst95 right, but what section 1 , 3 or 5?
    139 karma
    I can confirm that the following LR questions were real:

-Leopard Magpie
    -18th-Century Church Organ
    -Iguanas on an Island
    -Birds and Their Nests
  • byungjoopark90byungjoopark90 Alum Member
    26 karma
    LR RC LR LG LR
    Do people get the same exp. section if they have the same pattern as above?
  • jennilynn89jennilynn89 Alum Member
    edited December 2016 822 karma
    Oh man this LSAT..... I want to crawl in my bed and cry my eyes out..... LG has always been my strongest section and I totally fucking bombed it. Had no clue how to do the watercolor/oil paint one, skipped it and moved on to Game 4 and knew even less how to do that one! I tried to treat it like the virus game, but it took up so much damn time, I ended up just guessing on most of it, and guessed on all of Game 3... I am so freaking mad about this. Had an anxiety attack after LG was over with and spend most of my time freaking out on the last LR section.....This was my second try and I wanted it to be my last and I don't even know what to do right now....
    edited January 2022 12637 karma
    @dreamlawschool said:
    I can confirm that the following LR questions were real:

Thanks!
    139 karma
    Can anyone confirm whether or not this RC passagewas real?
    -Francis Fukuyama/The End of History
  • G6_1L_QueenG6_1L_Queen Alum Member
    81 karma
    Totally bombed LG. Everything else was relativity manageable. Felt great about RC. Ugh!!!! Fuck you logic games. They were all doable but I overcomplocated it and when I realized it...it was too late.
  • p.oleary17p.oleary17 Alum Member
    44 karma
    Thanks!
    In your unconfirmed section you list "-Teenage Morning Driving Accidents / School Start Times".

I had two LR and can confirm that is real.
    @jennilynn89 we are in the same boat. LG is my strongest section and I feel like it was such a let down section. guessed on the water color section because i was just confused and tried to do the last game, I'm not even sure how well I did on it. I feel so bad overall and hope my LR sections and Rc section boosts my score.
    12637 karma
    @p.oleary17 said:
    I had two LR and can confirm that is real.
    Thanks!
    edited January 2022 12637 karma
    @dreamlawschool said:
    -Francis Fukuyama/The End of History
    Experimental.
    140 karma
    @jennilynn89 tell me about it.. someone said that there will be a generous curve to account for it, but I don't know what curve would be generous enough to account for totally screwing TWO GAMES. I doubt there's ever been such a curve
  • jennilynn89jennilynn89 Alum Member
    822 karma
    @BreeBree it's so frustrating... I can't believe they threw two super hard games into that section. They were seriously ridiculous. It's been a while since I've been so stumped by a game....
    12637 karma
    @BreeBree said:
    Also, a question about male birds using something that's dangerous to baby birds to attract female birds, i think it was a strengthen question ....
    Does that one fit with the "Birds and their nests" question?
  • combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
    652 karma
    RC was definitely managble but I ran out of time on the last four
  • mariak94mariak94 Free Trial Member
    6 karma
    Can someone please remind me what the LG building game entailed? Like names or something? I am drawing a blank and afraid I accidentally skipped it?
    edited December 2016 382 karma
    @Frostbyte I feel you... I screwed up both games, big time. @"Cant Get Right" Sorry to ask so many questions about the curve...but do you think they'd curve a single section, or do they take into account if it has easier sections that accompany it?
    139 karma
    @BreeBree said:
    Also, a question about male birds using something that's dangerous to baby birds to attract female birds, i think it was a strengthen question ....
    Does that one fit with the "Birds and their nests" question?

Yes, same question.
    16 karma
    can some one comment, who had only two LR's, some of the questions that went together in each of the sections