Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official December LSAT Discussion Thread

Comments

• hufflepuffhufflepuff Free Trial Member
    70 karma
    @mariak94 companies who owned buildings of different values that could be traded, last game in the section
  • byungjoopark90byungjoopark90 Alum Member
    edited October 2022 26 karma
  • BreeBreeBreeBree Member
    edited December 2016 219 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright"

Yes, I think so.
  • mariak94mariak94 Free Trial Member
    6 karma
    Thank you! Now can some one remind me what the mystery LG entailed ?? Drawing a blank here too
  • jonathan.hatcher7jonathan.hatcher7 Free Trial Member
    80 karma
    Was the birds and their nests question a very early question?
  • dreamlawschooldreamlawschool Alum Member
    139 karma
    so I take it that the RC passage on human/animal evolution and environmental conditions was experimental?
  • imansharimanshar Alum Member
    4 karma
    Last game looked hard but its questions were easy. Game 3 was harder imo.
  • BreeBreeBreeBree Member
    edited December 2016 219 karma
    How does one wait a whole month ..... ugh
  • mariak94mariak94 Free Trial Member
    6 karma
    Can someone please tell me what the mystery clues LG entailed?? I don't remember it at all!
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @mariak94 said:
    Can someone please tell me what the mystery clues LG entailed?? I don't remember it at all!
    Chapters in a book
    139 karma
    I believe these LR questions were experimental:
    -Touching Something Blue and Red
    -What Year a Book was Written based on it Asking Where He Was
  • spotlight24spotlight24 Free Trial Member
    8 karma
    I had LR RC LR LG LR. The first LR section was super tough and LR is my strongest section. I usually only miss 1-3 on an LR so it caught me off guard. I am pretty sure the 1st LR was experimental due to the question types. RC was easy compared to June 2016 and Sept 2016. I remember one on insider trading and African Americans moving up north. I didn't get to the 4th game cause game 3 was so tough.
  • ToxoplasmosisToxoplasmosis Alum Member
    233 karma
    Haven't waded through all the comments yet. But do any September takers feel this was substantially easier. That is my immediate takeaway
  • FrostbyteFrostbyte Member
    edited January 2022 140 karma
    Those were experimental. I got one RC and it had Rauls and insider trading, and none of these.
    @dreamlawschool said:
    so I take it that the RC passage on human/animal evolution and environmental conditions was experimental?

I also got two LR's, and don't remember touching blue and red on either.
    edited January 2022 139 karma
    @byungjoopark90 said:
    @dreamlawschool do you remember which section # those were in? (If you are allowed to discuss about section #)
    I don't, because I only had 2 LR sections, so I know that these were experimental by deduction.
  • zilla401zilla401 Free Trial Member
    15 karma
    Had an experimental LR. Think there was one about revealing human condition and one about Mars soil
    139 karma
    @Toxoplasmosis said:
    Haven't waded through all the comments yet. But do any September takers feel this was substantially easier. That is my immediate takeaway
    I think it was reasonable, with the exception of LG, which I though was relatively just as bad as september (PT 79). maybe worse.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    @esteerose said:
    do you think they'd curve a single section, or do they take into account if it has easier sections that accompany it?
    They do account for easier sections in establishing the scale, so if RC was super easy, that will balance out some of the difficulty from LG.
  • SimbatronSimbatron Member
    175 karma
    @spotlight24 said:
    I had LR RC LR LG LR. The first LR section was super tough and LR is my strongest section. I usually only miss 1-3 on an LR so it caught me off guard. I am pretty sure the 1st LR was experimental due to the question types. RC was easy compared to June 2016 and Sept 2016. I remember one on insider trading and African Americans moving up north. I didn't get to the 4th game cause game 3 was so tough.
    My thoughts exactly. I really really hope that was experimental
  • samburst95samburst95 Free Trial Member
    16 karma
    @spotlight24 said:

do you remember any of the questions from your first LR???
  • S.P. 170S.P. 170 Alum Member
    188 karma
    I was LR-RC-LR-LG-LR. I don't remember any of the questions.. does anybody who had my pattern know which LR of the three (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) was experimental?
    80 karma
    @"S.P. 170" I had the same pattern. I think my second was experimental but not positive. Second and third LR both had 26 questions though.
    16 karma
    I had 3 experimental LR's 25-25-26... did anyone else have this and figure out which one was experimental
  • edited December 2016 51 karma
    I had 3 LR sections and one of them was brutally difficult. It had question about a shipment of stawberries on Friday being bad on Sunday. Anyone confirm or deny this section is experimental?
  • esteeroseesteerose Alum Member
    382 karma
    @TheCochranFirm I don't remember a shipment..And the LR sections were pretty doable.
    80 karma
    Was the birds and their nests question about attracting mates?
  • lsatblitzlsatblitz Alum Member
    521 karma
    Thought that was a pretty easy one.
    70 karma
    @jonathan.hatcher7 yes I think so. That one was real in any case.
  • rachelrachel Alum Member
    207 karma
    Was the RC passage about eating raw foods and evolution of digestive tract experimental? That section was my 2nd RC and I found it all harder than my first RC. I thought 3rd and 4th LG games were incredibly hard. Couldn't grasp an approach for the buildings game. I thought the virus game was piece of cake in comparison!
    16 karma
    @hufflepuff said:
    @jonathan.hatcher7 yes I think so. That one was real in any case.

was the this question part of the 26 question LR or the 25 question LR?
  • allie.vandineallie.vandine Free Trial Member
    57 karma
    @rachel said:
    Was the RC passage about eating raw foods and evolution of digestive tract experimental? That section was my 2nd RC and I found it all harder than my first RC
    I think so--I only had one RC and that was not part of it!
  • TheLoftGuyTheLoftGuy Alum Member
    edited December 2016 690 karma
    I am expecting a drastic increase in my RC score from September. It was extremely easy. LR will remain the same. But LG real estate was easy (I am a broker), the painting was confusing, chapters in a book was challenging, but I worked through it. But what was the other game?
  • bjphillips5bjphillips5 Alum Member
    1137 karma
    Done! Felt much better than sept. Happy birthday @"Dillon A. Wright"
  • bjphillips5bjphillips5 Alum Member
    1137 karma
    Also, LG experimental on mining was impossible and I totally bombed. Glad I bombed the right section
  • sweezyseasonsweezyseason Member
    edited December 2016 262 karma
    THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN....................not
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @esteerose said:
    I had a super easy experimental LG section, so I was all psyched....until I got to my last section (the REAL LG section) and had to guess most of the last two games (trading buildings and watercolors). Is there any way they'll curve it? Take some questions out? Why the hell was that so hard??

LG is my best section. I usually get -2, or -3 wrong. I think I got about half of these wrong.
    omg so i'm not the only one who felt this way.... i froze so early on and it makes no sense because i'm usually decent at LG. i didn't get to the last game at all so i guessed on all of them. i panicked hard on this LG section and it was not experimental cause it was my only logic games section.
  • svjava23svjava23 Alum Member
    88 karma
    Wtf guys!! Seriously the LG section was friggin hard!!
  • stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    821 karma
    I thought that this test was easier than September. A couple of hard RC questions, but overall not too bad. LG wasn't too bad unless I totally missed or misinterpreted an inference/rule..... I actually preferred the trading game to the computer virus one. I had three LR and there were a few hard questions there, but nothing out of the ordinary. Crossing my fingers.
    821 karma
    @TheCochranFirm said:

I had 3 LR sections and one of them was brutally difficult. It had a main conc question about a shipment of stawberries on Friday being bad on Sunday. Anyone confirm or deny this section is experimental?
    I also had 3 LR sections but this was not on mine.
  • Dylan TaylorDylan Taylor Alum Member
    61 karma
    I had 2 sections with 25 questions of LR. But 3 sections overall. The first one seemed really tough, had a bunch of main conclusion questions and like 3-4 agree/disagrees. I'm making an assumption that was experimental.
  • TheLoftGuyTheLoftGuy Alum Member
    690 karma
    @stgl1230 said:
    I thought that this test was easier than September. A couple of hard RC questions, but overall not too bad. LG wasn't too bad unless I totally missed or misinterpreted an inference/rule..... I actually preferred the trading game to the computer virus one. I had three LR and there were a few hard questions there, but nothing out of the ordinary. Crossing my fingers.
    I agree the trading games was much easier than the computer virus. I feel like my score improved from September because the RC was so easy.
  • LG killed me - okay not literally because I am typing this. Was the insider trading and the north-south migration a real RC or experimental?
    edited December 2016 821 karma
    @workhardplayhard said:
    LG killed me - okay not literally because I am typing this. Was the insider trading and the north-south migration a real RC or experimental?

Real!
    821 karma
    @"Dylan Taylor" said:
    I had 2 sections with 25 questions of LR. But 3 sections overall. The first one seemed really tough, had a bunch of main conclusion questions and like 3-4 agree/disagrees. I'm making an assumption that was experimental.

I completely forgot most of the LR questions that I had but now that i read your comment, I think this is the one I had. The only other thing I remember from the first LR section was that there was a weird MC question about virtues or something like that.
  • Thank you @stgl1230 Wooot woot! Im celebrating the small wins :) all you can do at this point!
  • FrostbyteFrostbyte Member
    140 karma
    Does anyone remember how many questions the last game had?
    16 karma
    Did anyone get a lot of B's on the second real passage of RC... I didn't have time to finish and had to guess :/
    70 karma
    @Frostbyte pretty sure it was 5 :)