Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i just had my worst PT, which is the actual LSAT T_T

unrealsimonunrealsimon Alum Member
edited September 2014 in General 48 karma
Of all the timed PTs I did (ranging from 164-171), the actual LSAT ended up being the worst one!! My brain was just completely paralyzed during BOTH of the LG sections!
I hope none of you messed up like I did. Good luck to you all!

Comments

• jordanrex30jordanrex30 Alum Member
    64 karma
    I feel your pain
  • gplizard101gplizard101 Alum Member
    3 karma
    To be fair the second set of LG's was rather hard.
  • chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    827 karma
    your difficult LG section was probably the experimental. I had 2 RC sections, so games wasn't my experimental. And to be honest, I didn't find games that hard, no more difficult than any other PT.
  • Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma
    Same here I only had one section of logic games and it wasn't bad
  • ninaqomninaqom Alum Member
    edited September 2014 26 karma
    I took in Europe and had a LG experimental also. Is there any case they put the experiemental section in the latter half of the test? I was hoping for this as I did well on the first LG but so terrible on the 2nd, but I believe the 2nd was experimental :(
  • chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    827 karma
    If there was anything I could take away from the games section, it was that there was no doubt a medium difficulty game and I would say a harder game, but it wasn't messed up or anything. All the games were definitely manageable. But two things I did wrong, which I may end up paying for:

1) I think possibly because it was the "real deal", but I did waste a lot of time double checking answers both in LG & LR. But for LG for instance I would get a CBT answer, I would give (A) a test, see that it's right. Normally, I would move on past this point, but on the test I didn't. So, I wasted a lot of time doing that, which as a result ended up making me have to move just a little faster than I would have liked to near the end (might have had some sloppy mistakes)

2) Near the end of my studies I would always get around -1/-0 on LG, maybe with the odd case of 2-3 wrong. Point is, I was doing really well, but this ended up hurting me on the real thing. The pain came from not listening to JY (and others) about how crucial it is to do EASIER games faster. I got a little to confident with my LG score's and overlooked the importance MASTERY. This type of slacking really showed on my LSAT because I remember right out of the gates, first game I saw took WAY to long. The game was nearly identical to a medium difficulty game (which I will not name at this point), but the set up and everything was nearly identical. I actually remembered the game while I was writing thinking OH JEEZE I am not 100% comfortable at doing this fast. Long story short, it ended up taking me between 9 & 10 minutes. That ended up hurting me when I ran into a difficult game later. The game was difficult but definitely manageable, BUT I didn't have enough time to work through it and be 100% confident, I ended up having to rush near the end to get to the last game.

Moral of the story: Don't get cocky, master the games, both raw score & speed.

If there was anything I took away from this LSAT in general is that I realized a number of weaknesses I had and they had nothing to do with fundamentals (besides maybe RC).
  • elicialane-1elicialane-1 Alum Member
    edited September 2014 3 karma
    I was just so disappointed with myself yesterday knowing that I totally bombed the LG section. Games are not my strongest section, but I always finish at least three of the games with pretty decent accuracy. I was barely able to finish three of the games in my LG section yesterday, and I was throwing in some guesses on those as well. It took me a little over ten minutes to finish the first game. Then I started looking through the other games, trying to see if there was an "easier" one, then I realized the horrible truth, they all seemed fairly difficult, and I was pretty much screwed. So I just tried to blaze through two more games in the time I had left. Like some of you who have commented, I have no clue how I did on the test overall. I felt like the LR and RC sections were not that bad, but I could be totally wrong because I was so nervous and anxious I literally felt like I was having an out of body experience at the start of the first section. Was I reading the questions?? Who knows, I was definitely in autopilot at that point. Anyway, to all of you out there who went through this yesterday, hopefully we did better than we think, we can learn from our mistakes, and there is always the December test.