Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I continue studying or wait for the results?

in General 308 karma
Hey guys so I just took the DEC LSAT and my goal was to hit 165+. I didn't get sleep the night before at all (I don't really know why this happened...) so i went in today thinking I'm pretty screwed... But it ended up being not so bad apart from losing a bit of concentration during Section 3, which may have very well been the experimental section, and the last game. I felt like the test went good enough to where i might have hit my goal. However, since i won't know if thats the case or not, i was planning on completing my law schools apps by the time the scores get released and then deciding whether or not i want to keep studying for a FEB retake. Now, my question is, is this a good idea? Or is taking off 3 weeks to wait for the results and work on my apps too long of a break from the LSAT in case I would have to retake?

Comments

• DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @"Artak Mamikonyan" said:
    Or is taking off 3 weeks to wait for the results
    i don't think results come out in 3 weeks.... and do you think you're motivated enough to study while being unsure of your Dec results? How do you feel?
  • 308 karma
    @DEC_LSAT yeah idk why I said 3 weeks haha I think it comes out January 4th. I feel okay about the test but idk if I should take off a whole month while I wait for the results or not. Tough decision. That's why I was hoping to get some other opinions
  • S.P. 170S.P. 170 Alum Member
    188 karma
    Are scores really released Jan 4? I wrote last December and received my score the same month. Also, if you google "how long to find out lsat score" google responds with "about three weeks". The article is from 2010, however.
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @"Artak Mamikonyan" said:
    Tough decision. That's why I was hoping to get some other opinions
    yeah i am in the same position and because i sincerely don't know, i'm not going to try and answer that question. plus i'm sleep deprived lol after this loooong morning. maybe sleep on it and decide once you've recovered? i think that's what i am going to do!
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Take a week off and get back to studying afterwards. Use the break to both enjoy yourself and to really get moving on your applications, if you haven't finished them already.

It'll be hard at first to study when you don't yet have your scores. But really try to remember your goal score. Don't avoid doing anything that could potentially be vital in getting you there. If you get a score you're happy with, you won't really regret having studied while waiting for it. If you don't hit your goal score and haven't studied with just over a month to prepare for Feb., you'll definitely regret it.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    @danielznelson said:
    Take a week off and get back to studying afterwards. Use the break to both enjoy yourself and to really get moving on your applications, if you haven't finished them already.

It'll be hard at first to study when you don't yet have your scores. But really try to remember your goal score. Don't avoid doing anything that could potentially be vital in getting you there. If you get a score you're happy with, you won't really regret having studied while waiting for it. If you don't hit your goal score and haven't studied with just over a month to prepare for Feb., you'll definitely regret it.
    Second.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Focus on your applications and personal statement. Think of it this way, you're likely going to spend about a month writing your PS and applying. You have about 2 months until applications need to be submitted (for most schools). So, you may as well spend the next 3-4 weeks working on your applications and PS. That way, if you end up scoring a 165+, you'll be ready to apply and will not have wasted a month studying.
    You could also do some light review + work on applications.
  • 308 karma
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. I think I'm going to start working on my apps this week and then also add in LSAT studying starting next week again just in case I would have to retake. I'm going to try to do both at the same time until the scores get released.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @danielznelson said:
    Take a week off and get back to studying afterwards. Use the break to both enjoy yourself and to really get moving on your applications, if you haven't finished them already
    this.