Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official December LSAT Discussion Thread

Comments

• stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    821 karma
    Brewpub all the way
  • TheLoftGuyTheLoftGuy Alum Member
    690 karma
    @Crystall that was not experimental as I only had 2 LR sections and the questions about changing food vendors was def on it
  • JayCkon24JayCkon24 Alum Member
    35 karma
    Ugh! The second LG was so bad I was hoping it was experimental but I guess it wasn't :( cuz I bombed that section I only got through the first two games and couldn't figure out the last two for the life of me. Not sure what to do now
  • myohmaiiimyohmaiii Alum Member
    36 karma
    I took the lsat in Sept & Dec and both times I got LG as the experimental. I like LG but it's insanely hard - the watercolor/oil painting was very difficult for me so I skipped to the last game and I went ballistic.
  • CrystallCrystall Alum Member
    151 karma
    @TheLoftGuy thank you so much, not the answer I wanted but at least I know now! Pretty sure I got that one wrong :(
  • BreakthelsatBreakthelsat Member
    82 karma
    Correlated... We are on the same page @DumbHollywoodActor Starting a winery doesn't seem so bad after all this
  • Thankyou7Thankyou7 Free Trial Member
    24 karma
    I can confirm that the moose/wolf LR section was real. So was the bone instrument LR questions
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    @stgl1230 said:
    Brewpub all the way
    Brewpubs rule. Production breweries drool.
  • Dylan TaylorDylan Taylor Alum Member
    61 karma
    I went with brewery. And I told tony to make an advent beer calendar with an online survey. Christmas on the mind.
  • CrystallCrystall Alum Member
    151 karma
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited December 2016 7468 karma
  • bjphillips5bjphillips5 Alum Member
    1137 karma
  • EmmaWI88EmmaWI88 Alum Member
    213 karma
    Brewpub for the win!!! Also perfect way to keep the alcoholism trend alive with the future lawyers!
  • malpdxmalpdx Free Trial Member
    3 karma
    Would love any information on which LRs are real. I had LR (25) RC LR(26) LG LR(?)

Authorship/Payne's Student
    Bed Mites
    Dolphin Pinging
    Agriculture Research Govt. Funded
    Relator / Cheapest House
    Opposing Taxes Leadership
    School's New Computers
    TV Violence
    Male Bird's Nests
    Shakespeare's Evil Characters
    School's New Dining Service
    New Logo T-Shirts
    Workplace Internet Blocking
    Liver Tissue Sample
    Offer in Jest
    High-Risk Work and Play
    Airplane Runways
    Global Warming and Roads
    Deep Sea Carbon Evaporation
    Female's Political Power
    Employee Efficiency Competition
    Nurse Error Record
    SUV's
    Poison Oak
    Professional Licensing
    Lying
    Textile Import Taxes
    Rising Ocean Levels
    Big Bang Theory

• diefor170diefor170 Member
    129 karma
    @dectofeb thank you! Just saw the post that for my 3 LRs, the middle one is experimental! So sad since I did really bad on the first LR and was not confident in the last LR after the LG section :(
  • S.P. 170S.P. 170 Alum Member
    188 karma
    So, any educated guessed on when we should expect results? December or January? What has LSAC been doing lately?
  • kingfisher23kingfisher23 Free Trial Member
    14 karma
    @malpdx I had experimental LG. These are the LR from your list that I remember, which means they were real:

Bed Mites
    Agriculture Research Govt. Funded
    Relator / Cheapest House
    Opposing Taxes Leadership
    School's New Computers
    TV Violence
    Male Bird's Nests
    School's New Dining Service
    New Logo T-Shirts
    Workplace Internet Blocking
    Offer in Jest
    Airplane Runways
    Global Warming and Roads
    Deep Sea Carbon Evaporation
    Employee Efficiency Competition
    Nurse Error Record
    Poison Oak
    Professional Licensing
    Lying
    Textile Import Taxes
    Rising Ocean Levels

Anybody else have an experimental LG section about Daily Ethnic Food Specials? Ugh.
  • J. TharpJ. Tharp Alum Member
    575 karma
    Can anyone confirm the order of the experimental LR section? Or is it not the same on every exam? I can't remember which questions were in which section, but I'm trying to figure out if the first or third LR section was the experimental.
  • steve-10steve-10 Alum Member
    192 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    -18th-Century Church Organ
    -Iguanas on an Island
    I definitely had those, and I had only two LR sections; I had two RC sections.
  • diefor170diefor170 Member
    129 karma
    @J.Tharp The 3rd LR for mine was experimental. I remember a question for doctor's handwriting in that section and it was on the list of experimental questions by Dillon.
    192 karma
    In the other single-post thread @"Dillon A. Wright" said,
    RC:
    -Great Migration of African Americans from North to South
    Wrong direction.
    192 karma
    @"S.P. 170" said:
    So, any educated guessed on when we should expect results? December or January? What has LSAC been doing lately?
    LSAC's educated guess is Jan. 4
    188 karma
    @"steve-10" Wow, that is 32 days.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    edited December 2016 27809 karma
    @"S.P. 170" said:
    So it begins;)
    188 karma
    hahaha
  • tjphilbricktjphilbrick Alum Member
    174 karma
    Are the sections the same for everyone who got 3 LR sections? In other words, if I see that someone else has 3 LR sections like I did, are we talking about the same sections in the same order? Or are the 3 LR sections in a different order for everyone who had that format?
  • BreeBreeBreeBree Member
    edited December 2016 219 karma
    @tjphilbrick
    I had 3 LR... LR, RC, LR.....LG, LR
    575 karma
    Can someone please explain if the order is the same for everyone with 3 LR sections? Several people have asked but no one has answered. I cannot remember which questions were in which section, so I don't know which section was the experimental one. I had LR RC LR LG LR
  • bbutlerbbutler Inactive ⭐
    401 karma
    I got wrecked by those LG. Normally I do fairly well on them but between the watercolors and the trade buildings I'm definitely going to have to retake. Trying to figure out whether I should cancel or not. Nice to know I wasn't the only one who thought they were tough.
  • Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma
    Did anyone else have the survey over how comfortable they would be writing an essay on a touch screen? I chose that I was 100% uncomfortable with technology. I don't want to take it again on a tablet.
  • palexandrapalexandra Alum Member
    148 karma
    I am SO glad I am not the only one who seriously struggled with the last two games. LG is my best section and I usually at least finish three games and half of the fourth, but this time I had to guess on almost all of the last two games :( so disappointed about that.
  • chgunnschgunns Alum Member
    92 karma
    @"Paul Pederson" said:
    Did anyone else have the survey over how comfortable they would be writing an essay on a touch screen? I chose that I was 100% uncomfortable with technology. I don't want to take it again on a tablet.
    I think most test takers could write much quicker on a laptop or desktop than with a pencil, but I cannot imagine being asked to write an essay on a tablet. I assume you would be provided with pencil and paper to help with the LG, but, from the experience of taking LG in this manner during prep, it still slows you down.
  • esteeroseesteerose Alum Member
    382 karma
    how many do you guys think you got wrong on the non-logic games? I am frantically trying to figure out what I got because, 32 days! ugh.
  • Daniel2433Daniel2433 Alum Member
    edited December 2016 138 karma
    @"J. Tharp" I had the experimental LR and it was the 3rd section for me, first and last LR were the real ones. The most common section orders were,

RC (real) - LR - RC (exp) - LR - LG
    RC - LR - LG (exp) - LR - LG (real)
    LR - RC - LR - LG - LR

So yeah, unless you had LG or RC experimental then you probably had the experimental 3rd
    575 karma
    @dmtavera1 of course! Because that's the section I slayed :( but thank you!
  • jonathan.hatcher7jonathan.hatcher7 Free Trial Member
    80 karma
    I had LR - RC - LR - LG - LR. Second and third LR both had 26 questions so the experimental was either section 3 or 5 I assume. I could've sworn I had the birds and their nests question in my third LR, but now I'm doubting myself.. Does anyone remember if that question in the same section as the Alexander the Great's Tomb question? If so that was section 5 for me and real.
  • FrostbyteFrostbyte Member
    140 karma
    @jonathan.hatcher7 said:
    I could've sworn I had the birds and their nests question in my third LR, but now I'm doubting myself.. Does anyone remember if that question in the same section as the Alexander the Great's Tomb question? If so that was section 5 for me and real.
    They're both real. I got the experimental LG so I can confirm that.
  • Creasey LSATCreasey LSAT Member
    423 karma
    Can someone diagram this out for me -- "all A are B. no things unworthy of B are C"
  • Creasey LSATCreasey LSAT Member
    423 karma
    A-->B
    /C-->/B
    _______
    A--->C
  • FrostbyteFrostbyte Member
    edited December 2016 140 karma
    @"Creasey LSAT" asking this in a thread of people who took the test yesterday may not be the best idea. ;) But here you go:

All A are B.
    A ----> B

No things unworthy of B are C.
    This is a negate necessary statement (reference JY's lessons).
    You can represent "Unworthy of B" by "U". So it would be: U -----> /C
    Or you could represent "Unworthy of B" by "/WB" (I find this easier since "unworthy" is a negative term. A "/" would encompass that, making it easily to represent and manipulate in diagramming, especially for contrapositives). So: /WB ----> /C. Contrapositive: C ----> WB. (If unworthy of B, not C. Contrapositive: If C, worthy of B.)

In your diagram, you are equating unworthy of B and /B I think. "B" and "things worthy of B" are two different ideas. The latter is not the same as "things that are B." The two statements above cannot be linked.
  • eae010eae010 Alum Member
    edited December 2016 27 karma
    Just saying the brewpub route is an uphill battle, statistically speaking, but at the end of the day Tony's gotta be true to himself!
    https://www.whitehutchinson.com/images/20070401turnover.png
  • AurBorealAurBoreal Member
    74 karma
    Yes! Pianists/violinists was experimental LG! Best news ever - my score is saved!
  • jennilynn89jennilynn89 Alum Member
    edited December 2016 822 karma
    @mcmlaw36 yup we're totally in the same boat. I am hoping for a VERY gracious curve... although I don't know if a gracious curve can make up for this fuck up. And I felt the exact same way. My anxiety was off the charts after LG and I thought I was going to have a panic attack and could not concentrate on LR and also had to re-read every question like 2 or 3 times to just somewhat comprehend. I was also so frustrated with myself at that point that I wanted to just cancel my score and walk out and cry for days.

@"S.P. 170" I think I had the same setup as you did. I had LR-RC-LR-LG-LR. The first LR felt pretty tough, the second LR was stupid easy (I'm guessing that was the experimental) and the last LR really would've been totally fine, had I not been so thrown off and ridden with anxiety from the LG mess.
  • mcmlaw36mcmlaw36 Alum Member
    edited December 2016 631 karma
    @jennilynn89 Yup, sounds like you can read my mind! I just changed my application to reflect the possibility of writing in Feb. Either way, I know that I can do better than what was done in Dec., simply b/c of this LG mess. We can ONLY go up from here... lol. Might as well try it again in Feb just to increase my chance of offers.

Does anyone know if law schools will even wait until Feb to see my score if Dec. is already on there? (referring only to those that accept Feb LSAT...)
    For e.g. score not high enough, so decline admission before Feb. LSAT comes in.

Alternatively, if my Dec. score turns out to be high enough after all, will law schools generally send an offer before waiting to see Feb.?

Looking for more info on this process from anyone who may be able to shed some light. Again, general terms. I know every law school evaluates differently.
  • Kikster731Kikster731 Alum Member
    20 karma
    I had two 26 question LR and one 25 question LR. Is the test out of 101 or 100?
  • mfw_lsatmfw_lsat Alum Member
    16 karma
    @mcmlaw36 I also lost it after that LG section. It was insanely hard to concentrate on the last LR after games 3 and 4...
  • jennilynn89jennilynn89 Alum Member
    822 karma
    @mcmlaw36 I feel you. I'm debating whether or not I should sign up for February... this was my second take, and my first one was awful, so if this one is awful again I'm not really sure what to do. I feel like two months won't be enough time for me to increase my score, and if I take the test again and I have another weird game that throws me off or something stupid like that I'll end up with three bad scores AND won't have time on my side anymore (since it'll be pretty late into the application cycle).... so I'm debating whether or not it would just be smarter to go with whatever score I get not, make sure I have a STELLAR application and just apply with more time/earlier-ish admission on my side....
    I've already delayed a year, and will not delay another year.

I just feel really lost right now.
    575 karma
    Now everything is just a blur and I have no idea how well I did. I just remember going so fast. I had time to go back and check answers after each section (except LG) and I don't remember feeling like any LR section was that difficult - just that it was difficult to concentrate because of nerves and this girl next to me seriously having a panic fit during the last section. She was seriously like furiously scribbling and SO MUCH ERASING... on an LR section! Like what are you erasing? Anyway, just processing this to you guys and seeing if anyone feels the same way.
  • bruingirl1205bruingirl1205 Alum Member
    444 karma
    @jennilynn89 You literally described my test day experience to a tee. I had the same order of sections as you. I was doing well up until the break. I came back and got destroyed by games 3 and 4 of the LG section and completely had a panic attack into Section 5 - LR. This was my first take and I have no idea what to do. I feel like I should cancel but the consensus seems to be against that. What are you going to do? This is so stressful :(