Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transcript question...

in General 308 karma
Hey guys so Im planning on sending LSAC my transcripts so i just wanted to clarify something. IF I directly order a transcript from my CC and university that I attended, do i still need the transcript request forms? I was planning on just going to my CC and requesting them to send in my transcripts. And then just order my transcripts to be sent from my university as well. I'm just not sure if I still need the transfer request forms or not? Thanks!

Comments

• MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    If your college or university uses an electronic transfer service (e.g. Clearinghouse) then you do not need to send a transcript request form. I believe the form is used only if the college/university has to physically send or deliver the transcript.
  • 308 karma
    Yeah, thats what i read online too but how do we know if they use an electronic transfer service or not? @MrSamIam Sorry haha the answer might be obvious. I'm just not sure...
    2086 karma
    @"Artak Mamikonyan" No worries! You can either call the registrar's office and ask, or check on your college or university's website. Go on the site and request a transcript transfer, it should instruct you on how to proceed/how they transfer your transcript.
  • 308 karma
    @MrSamIam thanks, i appreciate it.
  • dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma
    @MrSamIam so we just ask the school to send the transcript? my school use the online system as you said.
    edited December 2016 2086 karma
    @dennisgerrard If your school uses an electronic system, you probably don't have to contact the school. Just follow the instructions on your university's website. It'll likely redirect you to the electronic service - Clearinghouse had me type in my undergrad info (school, ID, etc.) and receiving organization (LSAC), and had it sent by the next morning.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @MrSamIam said:
    If your college or university uses an electronic transfer service (e.g. Clearinghouse) then you do not need to send a transcript request form. I believe the form is used only if the college/university has to physically send or deliver the transcript.
    Yup. this ^^
  • dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma
    @MrSamlam thanks! Mine was sent this morning.
    2086 karma
    @dennisgerrard Sure thing! Glad you got it figured out. The LSAC should have your official law school transcript generated within a few days (I believe mine was completed 2 days after they received my transcript).