Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you use all of the space in the writing section? For recent dec 3 test.

esteeroseesteerose Alum Member
in General 382 karma
I did not, and I am regretting it. My last section was LG, and I was feeling pretty defeated.

Comments

• MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Nope. I think I filled up the first page, and 2/3 of the second. Quality is far more important than quantity.
  • palexandrapalexandra Alum Member
    148 karma
    I filled up the first page and a little over half of the second. However, I think as long as you argued and articulated your point well and followed the prompt, then you should be fine!
  • Tinyosi1Tinyosi1 Alum Member
    235 karma
    I didn't use all of the space; it is much better to write clearly and concisely than to fill a page. If you have said all you need to say anything extra is just wasting words. Also keep in mind that because people have very different spacing/lettering "my" page and "your" page are most likely not the same thing. I wouldn't stress over this.
  • TheLoftGuyTheLoftGuy Alum Member
    690 karma
    I didn't write a lot, I filled up the front page only
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    i have big hand writing so i got to the second side... i think 1 and 3/4ths or maybe 1 and 2/4 filled
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    I think I usually got about half way through the second page. If it was necessary for you to fill up the whole thing, that would just mean that either you can't make a concise argument or that they're providing insufficient space. Don't worry about it!
  • Wind-Up BirdWind-Up Bird Alum Member
    284 karma
    Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about the LSAT's writing sample. To my understanding, it isn't used formally in the admission process. I think J.Y. mentioned that the writing sample might be used to verify that your personal statement wasn't plagiarized, but even that seems unlikely.

Also, conciseness far outweighs quantity in terms of the writing sample.
  • Stevie CStevie C Alum Member
    edited December 2016 645 karma
    there is no requirement to use all the space. I stopped 2/3 of the way through the second page and spent the last 5-10 minutes resting
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited December 2016 23929 karma
    @"Stevie C" said:
    I stopped 2/3 of the way through the second page
    I have NOT taken the real LSAT yet. But on my diagnostic, I did the writing sample just because haha. I believe I filled up the same amount as Stevie. But like others have said, don't sweat the writing sample. So long as you give a good-faith effort, you'll be just fine.
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    I have NOT taken the real LSAT yet. But on my diagnostic, I did the writing sample just because haha.
    hahaha you're special :) i actually enjoyed the writing sample on the dec test! when i looked around, i could see ppl have stopped caring/writing but i kept going cause why not.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"DEC_LSAT" said:
    hahaha you're special :) i actually enjoyed the writing sample on the dec test! when i looked around, i could see ppl have stopped caring/writing but i kept going cause why not.
    LMAO. To be honest, I'll probably never do another one until way later in my prep or on test day. I'm glad I did so now I know what to expect, lol. People should not sweat this at all!!
  • TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma
    People actually do the writing sample?????

jk, but I took it twice and only filled up a page and a few sentences on the second page.
    quality > quantity
  • esteeroseesteerose Alum Member
    382 karma
    oh good. I filled up about the same... all of front and part of back. I was worried because I had extra time, which was pretty weird to be sitting for the LSAT with extra time.