Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Too much?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
edited December 2016 in General 107 karma
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• camcam Alum Member
    349 karma
    It looks good to me, but what else do you have going on?

The only thing I would consider changing is the PT plus drill days. Could you do the PT in the morning, go futz around for a few hours, and then start to BR the PT that afternoon/evening? I prefer to do at least some BR on the same day that I complete a PT. After grading the PT and BR, that gives me an idea of what I need to spend more time drilling.

• MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    That looks similar to my study schedule. Kept at it for 6 months with no burnout, so you should be fine. However, be open to modification - you might start to get that "#@$! the LSAT!" mentality (if so...take a longer break!)
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27878 karma
    That looks like a decent week. The thing I don't like, just in general, is planning out ahead of time what specific study methods you're going to need based on what day it is. I made a ton of these, and they never worked, lol. Learning just does not progress so neatly. What happens between now and three Wednesdays from now matters; it affects what you will need to be doing that day. What if I drill a passage today and something feels like it's about to click? I feel like I saw something and that I'm on the brink of a breakthrough in RC if I can solidify whatever happened. That needs to be considered in the study plan for tomorrow. I don't care what the schedule says, I need to be attacking RC while I'm on the verge of cracking it open. So what if tomorrow is Monday?

That said, I think scheduling is really good. Just determine the specifics closer to time. Say that Monday from 8 to 12 and again from 2 to 5 is going to be study time; Tuesday's, 5 to 9, etc. That's a schedule that can provide both structure and flexibility. I like to decide a day's specific study plan the night before. I'll go ahead and line up my drills or whatever else so that when I wake up in the morning, all my work is waiting and ready. That way, what I'm doing for the day is predetermined, but it's also developed in reaction to my progress which is a much more meaningful basis for a study plan.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" That makes so much sense! I agree 110% I've found when I make schedules with specifics they always end up being kind of useless. Deciding to do PTs on Tues/Sats are just arbitrary days. Sometimes a test might take 2x as long to BR as you had expected and you'll need to return to the CC for a week to re-learn some stuff and drill it. So like you said scheduling in time, but ultimately being flexible with what you work on is a much more meaningful study plan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    107 karma
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • camcam Alum Member
    349 karma
    @Thoughtful said:
    My errors are typically because of poor reading (especially on LR) and time constraints (LR and sometimes RC).

For poor reading, if you are misunderstanding the question, not reading the entire question, or something along those lines-I'd rewatch CC videos on that specific question type. For time constraints on RC, I'd try reading more OUTSIDE of the test. I don't typically have a time issues on RC, but I am noticing that I am getting more questions correct with MORE time left at the end of the section when I am consistently reading more dense/unfamiliar material OUTSIDE of the test. I keep The New Yorker, Economist, and Scientific American in the places where I know that I will have down time, so in my gig bag (for downtime between load-in, soundcheck, and the gig), the bathroom, and in my car (to read while waiting for appointments, etc). Take all of this with a grain of salt though. My LR score average is -4 and RC average is -6...so, I still have a ways to go on those sections myself.