Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there any point to taking the February LSAT and sending updated scores for this admission cycle?

LSATTTTTTTTLSATTTTTTTT Alum Member
in General 84 karma
I took the December LSAT and am waiting for my scores but I'm worried I didn't do quite as well as I hoped. Is there any precedent for applying with the December scores but taking the February test and sending updated scores? A lot of schools won't have made final decisions by the time those scores come out in late February.

Thanks!

Comments

• MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    I myself am holding off on sending my apps. They're pretty much ready to go, I just have to pay the fees and hit that send button. That said, I think you have to be registered for the Feb test for law schools to know not to begin reviewing your app.
    Not entirely sure how this works, so maybe someone who was in the same boat can weigh in.
  • Dark Knight VDark Knight V Member
    194 karma
    Yeah I'm wondering about this too. I did register for February already, but I felt like my Dec. 3 take went really well. I feel like I'm unlikely to do much better in February, and haven't been studying over the past couple of weeks.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    Yeah, an updated score can end up resulting in more scholly money and acceptance. Totally worth taking if you have what it takes to score higher!
  • ticklemeluuticklemeluu Alum Member
    28 karma
    Should you indicate on your apps that you are registered for the Feb test? Even if there's a chance you won't end up taking it?
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @tlu said:
    Should you indicate on your apps that you are registered for the Feb test? Even if there's a chance you won't end up taking it?
    if you're 100% set on taking in Feb then yes you have to notify all the schools you're applying to so they can put your application on hold until the scores are released. If you decide against taking it, then you'll just notify them to put your application in review instead, although I'm not sure that would look good on your part.
    11542 karma
    @"Dark Knight V" said:
    Yeah I'm wondering about this too. I did register for February already, but I felt like my Dec. 3 take went really well. I feel like I'm unlikely to do much better in February, and haven't been studying over the past couple of weeks.
    It seems you're more on the side of not taking in Feb so it would make sense to submit your apps without any indication of a Feb take.
    edited December 2016 11542 karma
    Bottom line everyone: If you're thinking about taking the LSAT in February, you should still submit your application beforehand and notify the schools to put it on hold. (If you don't notify them via phone call or email, they will have no knowledge of any other LSAT takes, even if you're registered, and will consider your latest score with your application.) The reason for this is because once the Feb scores are out your application will be automatically put in review instead of having to wait an extra few weeks to go through the submission process. :)
    All the best! Get them scholarships!
  • LSATTTTTTTTLSATTTTTTTT Alum Member
    84 karma
    Thanks guys!
  • texvd1988texvd1988 Member
    605 karma
    Wait, so do you e-mail the admissions directly to let them know?
    11542 karma
    @vduran1988 said:
    Wait, so do you e-mail the admissions directly to let them know?
    Yes, or you can call. I would recommend calling.