Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else having 0 motivation to complete apps?

mk940808mk940808 Alum Member
in General 209 karma
After a grueling study regime, writing 30 drafts of my personal statement, and sitting the LSAT twice, I cannot bring myself to complete my freaking applications. I've sent in most of them but NYU's scholarship essays are killing me -.- I've been staring at my LSAC screen for two weeks now willing myself to write the extra scholarship essays :'(

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Did U Michigan have an emotional toll on you? ;) hahahhaha jokes. Don't stop now you're almost at the finish line! Take a day off or something but get back into it soon. It's always good to have your apps in ASAP :)
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @mk940808 said:
    I've been staring at my LSAC screen for two weeks now willing myself to write the extra scholarship essays :'(
    That's rough. But like @montaha.rizeq said above me, you're basically almost at the end zone. Also, time is ticking, so get them in ASAP. I've always been told that admissions officers receive a deluge of applications right after the new year.
  • mk940808mk940808 Alum Member
    209 karma
    @montaha.rizeq hahahaha no UMich made my day better :D @"Alex Divine" they sent me an email saying: "if thinking about LSAT scores makes you feel anxious or stressed out, then please enjoy this whimsical winter-themed cat video:

"

Why does NYU require like 5 extra essays???? :'(
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    I'm with you! Well sort of. I'm just filling out the "basic" info that LSAC auto-fills for you - so technically...I'm just double-checking the info and hitting "submit." Can't wait for the essay portion :D (sarcasm clearly intended).
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @mk940808 said:
    Why does NYU require like 5 extra essays???? :'(
    Haha, yeah, I looked into NYU and saw that :( Oh well, I'm looking at it as extra opportunities to sell myself! And that video just made my night. Thanks :)

p.s. you got this <3
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    My motivation plummeted when I realized I'm about to pay 1K.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    You kind of did both, bud. @danielznelson
    209 karma
    So on a serious note, how many of these scholarships could we feasibly apply to without looking shady? I mean yeah I want to be a legal scholar and I also want to work in public interest, but idk if applying to both those programs would be overkill? What do you guys think?

At this point I've already self selected the ones I'll apply to. I mean who am I kidding I'm definitely never going to want to work in cyber security lol. But some seem a little more feasible than others.

@montaha.rizeq @alex divine
  • combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
    652 karma
    For real though.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Well the one thing good about the NYU essays, they pretty much set us up for every other school out there. I just got my final revisions and edits finished today, but I literally wrote 12 different version of that PI essay. NYU is a reach, but fingers crossed!
    209 karma
    @stepharizona yeah after doing them I'm glad I have them. Just doing final edits as we speak!!