Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thanks 7 Sage! Did my best in my worst section RC lol

CrushLSATCrushLSAT Member
edited January 2017 in General 150 karma
December was my first LSAT attempt and although I did not meet my target score I'm pretty pumped about the fact that I have scored 0 wrong in the RC which has always been my worst section ever (scoring nearly 10-14 wrongs). I totally bombed my LG section which was to be expected given that I literally guessed last two of the four game sets but I'm still happy that I can improve on RC with practice!!!

I'm not done with my LSAT journey yet but would like to thank 7 Sage members for all their encouragement and support :) Love you guys and happy 2017!!

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Dude -0 RC. Wow.
    #goals. Congratulations! That's not something many people can say!
  • emmanuelntowemmanuelntow Alum Member
    37 karma
    Nice job. You already have a great place to work with because RC is seen as the hardest to improve in and LG the easiest. You have a great shot at bringing your score up a lot now. If you mind sharing, what do you think helped you most to get to that when approaching RC passages?
  • stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    821 karma
    Hey, -0 in RC is no easy feat. Congrats!
  • bobbyrengifobobbyrengifo Alum Member
    37 karma
    Any suggestions for a fellow 7sager struggling with RC?
  • CrushLSATCrushLSAT Member
    150 karma
    @montaha.rizeq @stgl1230 Aww thanks guys :D
  • jaylenosgaragejaylenosgarage Alum Member
    70 karma
    @CrushLSAT congrats!!! can you share how you improved so much on RC? RC is my worst section, too.
  • CrushLSATCrushLSAT Member
    edited January 2017 150 karma
    @emmanuelntow @bobbyrengifo @jaylenosgarage For me, I feel like RC is the section that you can improve most on by recognizing and becoming fluent with the passage / question patterns that LSAC uses, much like the LG section before the LSAC has gone mad and have decided to throw us with all these random games lol. For example, I was consistently scoring anywhere from -8 to -12 with RC section when I did my practice tests in late 60s and early 70s (I did a lot better with earlier RC sections like the ones in PT 20s and 30s but still I would not score any less than 4 in these earlier tests). As the Dec exam was approaching I felt frustrated as my score was not improving much in the RC section despite doing timed RC sections almost every other day.

During the last two weeks of LSAT prep before the December exam, I decided not to do anymore new RC sections (except for PT 79 I did a week prior for last full timed exam practice) and instead really hone in and internalize all the questions I got wrong in RC in PT 60s and 70s. I documented both the questions that I got wrong and the ones I thought were really tricky (even if I got them right) throughout my prep and this came really handy esp. when I decided to go back and review RC. Focusing on the wrong questions and familiar passages made me feel a lot more at ease as I spend more time reviewing the RC section. While reviewing almost all the RC passages in these latest PT's, I tried to focus my time on the 3rd and 4th passages from each exam which I tend to find to be more difficult than the first two passages. Also, I paid particular attention to the questions where I came down to two AC's but was not 100% sure with my final choice regardless of whether I got it correct or not. I tried my best to understand what made these particular questions tricky and really tried to understand the type of AC's that LSAC prefers as opposed to the AC's that I naturally gravitated towards because I thought they "sounded right" when I was under the time pressure. Also as I was reviewing these PT's I tried to memorize the types of questions that tend to appear most in RC and tried my best to anticipate these questions as I read the passages during my December LSAT.

My response got a bit lengthy but hope this somewhat help you guys as you prep for your LSAT! I would say the biggest thing with RC is not to get discouraged by the number of questions you get wrong in each practice test but rather try to look at each attempt as a practice to make yourself good at looking at things both holistically (i.e. recognizing the passage types) while having a firm grasp of exactly what LSAC is trying to tell you in the RC passages.
  • dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma
    thanks for sharing.motivation for future study!!
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    @CrushLSAT congrats on going -0 on RC.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Very informative break down, Crush! Thanks for that.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Great improvement!!