Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I put my application on hold?

LSATtruth.LSATtruth. Alum Member
edited January 2017 in General 175 karma

I took the December LSAT. For the top school that I want to attend, my LSAT score is within the range of scores admitted to their school and my GPA is above their MEDIAN. During my practice test, I had an obnoxious proctor( which resulted in me having a nervous break down during the first section. For like ten minutes, I was on the same question over and over again. Fortunately, I recovered and the other four sections I did well on. I was hoping the first section was the experimental but it was not, in fact, had the first section been the experimental and the third section been real, my score would have been astronomically better. Due to this, I have registered to take the Feb LSAT. I am continuing to practice and am confident my score this time around will be better than in December. However, my top choice sent me an email saying that put my application on hold since i am retaking the lsat in February. Feb LSAT scores wont be returned into March and I am afraid that if I wait to long, it will be harder to get in. Should i take the application off hold and have them evaluate me now? My score is below their median but within range and my GPA is above their median.


  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27731 karma
    That's a good question, and I'm not really sure. My suspicion is that it would be better to allow it to stay on hold. If you take it off hold they will consider your application as is and make a decision based on whatever is on file. You want them to be making that decision with your top score. Maybe check out @david.busis 's webinar for admissions advice and see what he thinks:
  • LSATtruth.LSATtruth. Alum Member
    175 karma
    any other thoughts?
  • apublicdisplayapublicdisplay Alum Member
    edited January 2017 696 karma
    What's the basis of thinking it will be harder to get in if the school evaluates your application in March as opposed to now in January? I'm sure it depends on your school so I'd do more research into that. Otherwise, it comes down to whether you think that 2 or 3 point increase (presumably) would be worth the risk.

    Since its a close call, and we don't know all the details of your situation, it's tough to say.
Sign In or Register to comment.