Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Put the wrong current address on 4 of my law school apps... What do I do??

in General 224 karma
7Sage Community,

I never thought I would be posting a discussion again now that I got my desired LSAT score and have submitted all of my applications. But I have to say... I seriously miss all of you and your encouragement. I could not even bring myself to delete the app off of my phone even after I submitted my apps.

So I have already pressed submit on 15 law school apps and after going through them and reviewing them, I noticed that the current address was wrong on one of them. After going through all of them, I noticed I made the mistake on 4 apps. I am absolutely freaking out... I have been told that revisiting or resubmitting apps after you submitted them is a huge NO NO and that it can hurt your chances of getting accepted. The mistake was super minor, I put 726 E instead of 736 E.

Should I just email the law school and let them know? Should I not even bother because most of them send denials/admits over email? Will they use my permanent address? (that one is accurate)

I am completely freaking out, what should I do??

Comments

• Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma
    Call the admissions office. This isn't a mistake to worry about.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    That's not a huge mistake. Law schools probably understand that LSAC auto-fills some of the boxes on the apps using previous answers.
    Regardless, call the admissions office, and be upfront and honest. Something like, "Hi, I'd like to report an error that I made on my application...etc."
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Accounts Playable" said:
    Call the admissions office. This isn't a mistake to worry about.
    Absolutely this. Don't worry. Call and get it sorted out!
  • 224 karma
    I emailed the 4 law schools last night and have already heard from 2 of them. Super easy, low stress, no worries.

Thank you guys!! It has all worked out alright!