Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Grappling with a less than ideal mental space leading up to gameday - 7Sage Forum

Grappling with a less than ideal mental space leading up to gameday

LSATShinobiLSATShinobi Free Trial Member
edited January 2017 in General 236 karma
Hey everyone, hope studying is going well. I am writing this thread to seek some insight on my situation.

I've been studying since June. I plan to sit for February and I have for the most part been consistent with my studies. I have also seen my score improve 19 points since June (albeit I have only hit that score once, a more telling increase I would say is about 14 points). But unfortunately, I have realized that as test day looms closer and closer I am finding it increasingly difficult to remain at the level of consistency with my studies that I have had for the past 7 months going on 7 and a half.

Lately I'll sit down with my regular routine and start to study and I just cannot stop thinking about how "over this" I am. Like today, I sat down to BR these 2 RC sections I should've BR'd like about 3-4 days ago but kept putting off (to do other sorts of LSAT practice which I also had to rally up the motivation to do) and just thought "I really don't feel like doing this right now."

So I guess my question is, is there any advice on how to get back into a good mental space as game day approaches and get back to a nice level of consistency? I'd like to add that I don't really know if it's burnout because I do always take one day off a week(but for these past couple weeks it's been a little more due to issues described above). Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited January 2017 12637 karma
    Edited your format a bit, the big paragraph was hard to read
    Sounds like you're burnt out. I think you need to take a few days off (not just one!) and chill out a bit until you start to feel better. :(
  • LSATShinobiLSATShinobi Free Trial Member
    236 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Sounds like you're burnt out. I think you need to take a few days off (not just one!) and chill out a bit until you start to feel better. :(
    Thanks for editing it, I appreciate it @"Dillon A. Wright" and my problem with taking some days off is that I am kind of scared to do it bc test day is getting closer and closer idk
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @LSATShinobi said:
    my problem with taking some days off is that I am kind of scared to do it bc test day is getting closer and closer idk
    Being burnt out on test day is going to make things worse for you, you really won't be on your A-Game. I know Feb is really soon, but a couple of days off isn't going to hurt you like staying burnt out will.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27884 karma
    @LSATShinobi said:
    I'd like to add that I don't really know if it's burnout
    No, it's totally burnout, haha! I'd recommend at least a week off. Studying burnt out is only going to develop lazy study habits which is going to result in lazy test taking. I know it's kind of scary to think about, but the most productive thing you can possibly do right now is nothing. Come back to it fresh when you can do it right.
  • LSATShinobiLSATShinobi Free Trial Member
    236 karma
    Thanks for the advice @"Dillon A. Wright" much appreciated.

I see, I never looked at it that way in regard to developing lazy study habits. Definitely the last thing I want to do because I've tried really hard to study at a quality level for a long time now @"Cant Get Right" Btw the LR techniques we spoke about has been working pretty well, I am still dropping some questions that I really shouldn't but I am consistently able to give every question a shot in LR now. Now I just need to be able to give myself enough time to go back and give a second shot to all instead of some of the questions I skip lol.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27884 karma
    Right on, that's a great start! Did you ever take any footage? Sounds like you've made big improvements and just need to fine tune now. When you come back fresh from your break, stay with it. I think getting through your burnout will take care of a lot of the questions you should be getting right. It's hard to avoid those when you're head's not completely in the test. Good luck, and enjoy your time off!