Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feb LSAT Question

sweezyseasonsweezyseason Member
in General 262 karma
Hey guys!

Ok so... I wrote in December and I actually went from a really low diagnostic of 144 to 160 (YAY) but I know I can do better and have been averaging higher so I'm writing again in February. Because I wrote it recently, I focused a lot on the modern LSATs and took every preptest from 50-79. I'm focusing on my shitty areas and have been doing prep tests as well, but because I've done most of the modern ones I was working on the 30s and 40s, and I don't know how useful that is. For the last few weeks here, do you guys think I should just retake some of the more modern ones that I have already done and BR those...or attempt old ones that I've never done?

Thanks for all the help guys, couldn't have improved so much without 7sage!

Comments

• sweezyseasonsweezyseason Member
    262 karma
    Also for anyone else taking in Feb I started looking at logic games from the 90s and they really force you to think outside of the box so I would highly encourage you guys to look at those. The last games on the last few tests have been pretty wonky so it's refreshing to attempt some really weird games and actually get them right before the big day.
  • dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma
    Nice to see a post about Feb. @sweezyseason What do you mean by 90s? And do you use 50s(or later) to drill on LG?
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Congrats on your improvement!!
    To prepare for Feb, my advice would be to start with an analysis of how you actually performed on Dec:
    - enter the PT into Analytics
    - check for trends or specifics to focus on over the next few weeks (utilize the question bank)
    - keep fool-proofing LG games from PTs that you are not going to retake
    - identify any tweaks you can make for your actual test day strategy

Definitely recommend taking retakes and add a fresh PT here and there. To pick the newer PTs to repeat, here are some things to consider:
    - which current PTs would be the freshest - the longest time since you took it
    - which PTs did you have a lower BR score than usual
    - which PTs did you have dips on from your average PT score
    - (take the one's you hated the most and show them no mercy, heehee:)

If you have want to share your breakdown, there might be more specific advice for your focus.
    All the best in Feb:)
  • sweezyseasonsweezyseason Member
    262 karma
    @twssmith said:
    - (take the one's you hated the most and show them no mercy, heehee:)

Great advice! I will definitely do that this week! I'm definitely going to focus more on LG after December's horrible real estate game :)

@dennisgerrard said:
    Nice to see a post about Feb. @sweezyseason What do you mean by 90s? And do you use 50s(or later) to drill on LG?

I meant the early 1990s! So prep tests like 7-18, there were some tough/super weird games. I feel like the trend has been to throw us off with the second last, or last game...something really odd and so I found looking at those helpful because they had some really weird games back then. I was focusing on the earlier games the last few weeks, but this weekend and from then until the test I'm going to drill the recent games and focus on the earlier ones that I found the hardest!
  • dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma
    @sweezyseason Can't agree more on early strange games.