Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Member! Starting my studies for September LSAT

in General 1025 karma
The course planner is an amazing tool and I absolutely love this community. I am glad to be a contributing member now.

I have a question as to which books I should start reading before I start actually start the course. Any suggestions would be great!!! Thank you.

Comments

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Welcome! And way to find 7Sage early on! Honestly, I wouldn't do much outside of the 7Sage curriculum and use the Manhattan Prep forum as an additional resource. Many here use the LSAT Trainer which I think is a great book for those that want one. Otherwise, I honestly can't recommend any.
  • BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma
    Welcome aboard!
  • jknaufjknauf Alum Member
    1741 karma
    Honestly, I would just jump right into the course. If you would like a book to compliment the teachings, check out the LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim. A lot of 7 sagers recommend it. Good luck with your studies and welcome to the community!
  • lmekahellmekahel Alum Member
    161 karma
    I definitely recommend jumping into core curriculum first. On the side I would recommend looking through Powerscore and LSAT trainer.
  • Elle.TudorElle.Tudor Member
    4 karma
    Welcome and good luck! Do a diagnostic and then jump right into the curriculum. You'll be glad you did!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Welcomeeee!
    @Coreyy02 said:
    I have a question as to which books I should start reading before I start actually start the course.
    I wouldn't worry about pre-prep work. As mentioned above, jump right into the material! you learn the basics first then get into the nitty gritty aspects of the LSAT. Plus this forum is always here to answer any questions you may have along the way :)
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Also, don't worry about taking a diagnostic before you begin. I know this is usually recommended but I can't get myself to agree. The only diagnostic that should matter is the one you do after finishing the material. The LSAT is beastly. It's foreign. It will f*&k with you. So don't worry about knowing things up front and being down about not knowing things. We all start somewhere!
  • sarahmelton6sarahmelton6 Alum Member
    169 karma
    Welcome! I also recently started (about a month ago) and plan on testing in September. I had tried studying with a different program before I found 7sage. I have to unlearn some of those methods now. I wouldn't worry about doing anything other than following the curriculum here, as many others have already said. Best wishes!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    Welcome! I agree with others not to bother with a book. You've got a computer and the book just can't hope to match its power as a resource.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Welcome to 7Sage! :) Hope you have a great stay.