Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Number of letters for a recommender on LSAC

texvd1988texvd1988 Member
in General 605 karma
THey asked this question during the sending of the LOR. Is this to asking how many schools this LOR will be sent out to?

Comments

• SherryS1SherryS1 Member
    477 karma
    I believe that it refers to how many letters of recommendation that individual would be writing on your behalf.

For example, a professor at school X may write a special rec for the law program at school x and a general rec for all other schools.

I'm not 100% positive but I think it would be odd if it referenced the no. of schools. We have the ability to assign our recs to various schools after the fact and keep the recs on file for the following year, at which point we might not even know where we'd be applying.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    @SherryS1 said:
    I believe that it refers to how many letters of recommendation that individual would be writing on your behalf.
    This is correct.
    If you just want them to write you one LOR that you will use for all of your schools, request one.
    Sometimes people like to have a specific LOR for their top school, that way it looks like they put more effort into getting in than the average person.