Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Places to Study?

Zack TaylorZack Taylor Alum Member
in General 29 karma
Hi 7sagers!

I'm taking the June '17 LSAT and want an environment that is relaxing, open late, has clean bathroom facilities and is semi-quiet. The public library hasn't been the best option - it's too high stress and distracting plus the bathrooms are often disgusting. Any suggestions in the lower to mid-manhattan area or downtown Brooklyn for places to study? Cafes/conference rooms/private libraries are welcome.

Thanks a ton

Comments

• AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    What about your office late at night? That's what I used!
  • Zack TaylorZack Taylor Alum Member
    29 karma
    I've considered studying in my office before but hesitated because I worried about drawing attention to myself. Did you deal with any awkward interactions from co-workers or supervisors who noticed you staying later to study? And if so, how?
    2424 karma
    A bit - but I didn't care much and at the end all the managers and co-workers were rooting for me. So long as I did my job well and was a responsible professional I could do whatever I wanted after hours in the office. At least that's what I thought.
    edited January 2017 2424 karma
    Actually, not even awkward. They asked me what I was doing, I would say studying for the LSAT, and they would say cool! After a while they even asked me about my improvements about how the law school apps are going, etc. Overall very supportive. A manager or co-worker shouldn't expect to have employees that want to stay in that position for the rest of their lives. Actually, I would think that is a bad thing! If I were a manager, I would value more the type of people who strive for bigger and better things.
  • jimmyrivera201-1jimmyrivera201-1 Core Member
    547 karma
    Hello, I am currently studying for the June '17 LSAT as well (NYC). There is a coffee shop at Hamilton Bakery (Free Wifi, clean bathrooms, etc.) http://www.hamiltonsbakery.com/.

Let me know if you want to study over the weekend. And @Alejandro.
  • tcookPHLtcookPHL Alum Member
    300 karma
    I would definitely recommend studying in your office! That's what I do and I just study in one of our conference rooms after hours and it's the best way I get things done.
  • Zack TaylorZack Taylor Alum Member
    29 karma
    So many great suggestions! Thanks everyone
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Any university library will do. I couldn't drive down to my alma mater because of the distance. So, I spent 3 months studying at a local university. Best thing is, they're usually open from 7:00 A.M. - 11:00 P.M.