Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this weird?

texvd1988texvd1988 Member
in General 605 karma
Two years ago, when I applied to my current MBA program, I asked my history professor from undergraduate studies to write me a LOR. I had two work LOR's set up but one of them fell through. Is it weird to ask a person who wrote an older LOR to write another one for a different field?

Comments

• porscharporschar Member
    5 karma
    nope you should ask
  • stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    edited January 2017 821 karma
    no, you should ask, especially if you know the person well and they will write you a strong LOR. it might actually be advantageous to have an recommender who also recommended you for a MBA program - they can speak about your growth over years etc.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Not at all. If he/she was comfortable writing you a LOR for your MBA program, I'm sure they wouldn't mind writing one for law school.
  • texvd1988texvd1988 Member
    605 karma
    Awesome! Thank you for making me feel less awkward. I sent him a copy of his older LOR in case he wanted to reformat it. It was excellent then, and I feel bad asking again.
  • nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    edited January 2017 4141 karma
    @vduran1988 you definitely shouldn't let that stop you from asking! Professors know their students will ask for LORs. The worst they could do is say no, and then you'll be in the same situation you are now:) Just be sure to be considerate of their time and such.
  • texvd1988texvd1988 Member
    605 karma
    @nessa.k13.0 said:
    you definitely shouldn't let that stop you from asking! Professors know their students will ask for LORs. The worst they could do is say no, and then you'll be in the same situation you are now:) Just be sure to be considerate of their time and such.
    I made sure to let him know how appreciative I was of his LOR then, and that I totally understand if he doesn't have the time now. If he can't do it, I am going to be doing some serious searching over the next week! :)
  • nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma
    @vduran1988 that's a lot riding on this LOR. I hope you get what you asked for from your professor!