Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do we submit all those essays through LSAC?

Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
in General 442 karma
Hello,
I have a question about submitting essays.
So it seems most school allow to submit 1)PS and 2)Diversity Statement
What if they allow us to submit optional essay (Why X school essay) (Addendum) but no place to submit those on LSAC? I don't see there's additional space for uploading those essays.
Does it mean we cannot submit those essays if we submit 1)2)? (So what they meant was submiting only 2 from those 4 options?)

Thanks

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    Essays are uploaded within the application for each individual school. The space to upload optional essays will be in the same place you upload your PS and DS. If they don't have a place to upload and they don't give alternative instructions on how to submit, that almost certainly means they don't accept additional essays.
  • stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    821 karma
    When you open your application for a specific school and enter that application "portal," there should be places to enter each essay. For example, I applied to one school that allowed me to attach a PS, Resume, Optional Essays (up to two), and an Addendum. The portal had something that looked like this:

1. Personal Statement
    2. Resume
    3. Optional Essays
    4. Optional Addendum

Then when I clicked on each item, I had a place to upload essays.

A school might take a PS, DS, Why X, and addenda, but maybe not all four. I've applied to one school (like most) that absolutely required a PS, but only let you attach one a DS OR addenda OR Why X. You might have to choose one. Again, depends on the school - read the language on their application portal carefully. If they don't have four upload spots, you probably can't upload all four and have to choose.
  • Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
    442 karma
    Thanks guys,
    Good to know.
    So we don't have to or actually, cannot submit to adcom directly right? We submit all materials on LSAC I guess?
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    @"Tina Cho" said:
    We submit all materials on LSAC I guess?
    Yes, but you'll need to upload each essay--via LSAC--individually for each school you're applying to.
  • Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
    442 karma
    @cant get right