Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When you feel like you don't understand anything you read on the test day

lsnnnnn0011lsnnnnn0011 Alum Member
in General 227 karma
Hi all,

In December, RC, which is my best section, was the first section and I felt like I wasn't understanding any of the sentences I was reading. So I read the sentence again and again but I just kept feeling like I didn't understand it...I guess this is a form of test anxiety.
How can I prepare to prevent such disaster in June? Any thoughts?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• The 180 Bro_OVOThe 180 Bro_OVO Alum Inactive ⭐
    1392 karma
    One of the best things is to just be better prepared for the test overall.
    I've found the more knowledgeable I am on the test material, the less stressed I am.

In addition, I would encourage you to listen to @"Accounts Playable" 's webinar. He mentions getting more sleep, eating healthier (he lost 30lbs during his LSAT prep!), exercising frequently, and meditation. Especially that last one. It will help you in clearing your mind and calming yourself down so the test doesn't "get to you" as much.

There will always bit a bit of excited energy. But the items mentioned above should help you manage it better and turn it into a positive.

Does that help?
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    Yeah, I second @"The 180 Bro_OVO" . I followed a very strict routine of sleep, diet, and exercise during my prep in order to ensure that I was in peak mental, physical, and emotional form going into a test. It seems a little extraneous, but it was really important to my study process, and it was really important to getting into the zone on test day.

In addition to that, I also did a warm up before taking a test: a couple games, a passage or two, and then 15 or so LR questions until I felt like I found my rhythm. Lots of people struggle on the first section as they get warmed up, and this can be really beneficial if you're feeling this lag.
  • texvd1988texvd1988 Member
    605 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Yeah, I second @"The 180 Bro_OVO" . I followed a very strict routine of sleep, diet, and exercise during my prep in order to ensure that I was in peak mental, physical, and emotional form going into a test. It seems a little extraneous, but it was really important to my study process, and it was really important to getting into the zone on test day.
    I can't attach myself to this concept :). I have a very strict work to exercise to study balance, but my sleep and extracurricular are rarely in sync. I will go two weeks without having a drink, but then will celebrate a birthday and overdo it. I am hoping that this doesn't necessarily throw me off balance. I haven't noticed a drop in ability because of that. yet.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    @vduran1988 said:
    I can't attach myself to this concept :)
    Yeah, it took me weeks to finally implement it. It was incredibly difficult.
    @vduran1988 said:
    I haven't noticed a drop in ability because of that.
    Can't see a drop without establishing a baseline;)