Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommendation letter

Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
edited January 2017 in General 442 karma
Hello, I have a question about the letters.
1. Should we show our PS DS or any essays to the prof?
2. I have a couple of letters and wonder what steps to take after LSAC received the letters...I thought we can choose letters, but no? If we submit them, will all of them be sent to all schools?
3. When they say at least 2 letters, but accept 3, how many do you submit? I heard 3 is better, but also heard if the contnt is the same (almost) you should not bother Adcom to read the additional one.
4. I'm meeting another professor. She is quiet busy but I hope I can get a letter from her asap...how can I be polite but still ask her to write a letter as soon as she can?

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    1. In asking my profs for letters, I offered to supply them with whatever material they needed. Some of them made requests, some of them didn't.

2. You have to actively assign letters. Go to: Apply > Credentials > Letters of Recommendation and you'll see a section labeled My LOR Assignments.

3. Don't send more than the minimum unless you have a specific reason to.

4. You don't want to get her to agree to write the letter, and then add on an "oh and by the way. . ." So lead with the deadline: "I have an application for ABC Law School due on Feb 15, and was hoping you would be able to provide me with a letter of recommendation before the deadline." Something like that.
  • Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
    edited January 2017 442 karma
    Hi, thank you @"Cant Get Right"
  • texvd1988texvd1988 Member
    605 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    3. Don't send more than the minimum unless you have a specific reason to.
    Some of the schools I am applying to have a one or two letter requirement. I currently have three. Should I only assign one or two to each school that designates it? How about those that ask for none?