Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice for re-taker who used most materials

dnguenangdnguenang Free Trial Member
in General 9 karma

Hello everyone,

I took the December LSAT after studying for 4 months. I did a bunch of practice questions and tests. But I was studying/reviewing the wrong way. I took the test in December, even though I did not feel ready. I am not satisfied with my score. I decided to retake the lsat in June and apply next cycle.

If someone has been through this, could you please tell me how you used the same materials and made the best out of it?

Thanks,
Dodo

Comments

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    edited January 2017 4141 karma

Hi Dodo,

Yep I was in a similar position after the December 2015 LSAT. I Joined a BR study group (summer of 2016) and it really forced me to confront my issues with the test. Study groups are a great way to study with people who are in the same or similar positions as you. I was able to get a ton of help with my problem areas as well. I really can't recommend 7sage study groups enough (after going through the core curriculum).

As far as materials---if you can get 7sage---I recommend doing it. I've been able to improve my PT score by over 20pts with 7sage. I started with other test prep materials but they didn't help me as much. I used the 7sage starter pack for the longest time and it helped me improve. After going through the core curriculum, I made sure I reviewed key 7Sage lessons like the ones on grammar, conditional statements, and group translations. I've noticed that after finishing the core curriculum (while taking practice tests) it helped to go back to lessons and quizzes to shore up my understanding. The LSAT Trainer was also a helpful book to read for me.

The answer to your question also depends on where you are scoring relative to your goal score and what month you are willing to take the test. It sounds like a nightmare to me to go through the 7sage core curriculum in time for June, but it could possibly not be if you are close to your score---depends.

• dnguenangdnguenang Free Trial Member
    9 karma

Thank you Nessa.

I actually bought the LSAT trainer. Do you mind telling what your score was when you started with 7sage? I would like a minimum of 10 point increase. I am at 154 right now.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27853 karma

There's a lot of value in retaking PTs. You definitely want to save any fresh tests you have left for when you really feel like you've made significant improvements, but doing retakes in the interim is a great exercise. Don't worry so much about your scores; that leads to bad study habits. Worry about your understanding of the material. Always do proper review and then read your PT/BR performance in order to identify what you need to work on. Study it from there and take another PT only when you feel like you've eliminated those weaknesses.

• dnguenangdnguenang Free Trial Member
    9 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    "Always do proper review and then read your PT/BR performance in order to identify what you need to work on. Study it from there and take another PT only when you feel like you've eliminated those weaknesses."

Thank you so much, I'll follow this!!