Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you show your transcript to your recommendar?

Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member

Hi,

My recommendar asked me to email the transcript too.
I have never been asked to give a transcript to a professor, so not sure this is common.
Did you show your transcript to your recommenders?

Thank you.

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

It's not uncommon for professors to ask for things like this. Some go overboard and ask for a bunch of stuff, some may ask for like 1 thing (a resume, transcript, etc.), while some may ask for nothing if you just took them.

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    edited January 2017 1644 karma

My advisor already knows my academic progress.My other potential recommenders(two professors) only asked about my personal statement and resume.

• Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
    442 karma

Thank you both.
    It sees like my professor is willing to write a throughout letter for me, I'm so grateful then.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

@"Tina Cho" said:
    Thank you both.
    It sees like my professor is willing to write a throughout letter for me, I'm so grateful then.

Np! I had a professor who only asked me for a resume before, and another one who wanted nothing, lol. They're all different I guess.

442 karma

lol I see. Thanks :)

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

@"Tina Cho" said:
    Hi,

My recommendar asked me to email the transcript too.
    I have never been asked to give a transcript to a professor, so not sure this is common.
    Did you show your transcript to your recommenders?

Thank you.

Yeah I think this is so they have a better grasp of how you performed as a student. Every recommender is different - some ask for a copy of your resume or personal statement.

442 karma

I see. Thanks :) I just wanted to know it's safe I guess cuz I have never shown my transcript to others except for adcom.