Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long did it take everyone to hear back from their schools?

perri.vanhornperri.vanhorn Free Trial Member

I'm curious about the turnaround time for applications. I'm about to submit everything and I wanted a general idea about how long I should expect to wait to hear back. I realize it may vary by school, but for those of you who have already heard back, how long did that take? Thanks, guys!

Comments

• jennilynn89jennilynn89 Alum Member
    822 karma

Hey, @perri.vanhorn !

I think it depends on the schools. Once you've submitted your applications, the schools will usually email you within 24 hours to let you know that they've received your application and that they are reviewing it. I've received a username and password for each school that I can use on their school website under the "application status" tool.

On almost every school website I've logged into, it mentioned how long the school usually takes to get back to their applicants once the application status went to "complete". Some schools mentioned a 2-4 week turnaround, others 8 + weeks.

I sent out the majority of my applications around January 10th and heard back from one school so far in regards to interview with them. I am checking the law school websites on a weekly basis at this point to see if they've changed my status yet.

• jknaufjknauf Alum Member
    1741 karma

It seems like 2months + for a lot of schools. Though I'm not applying this cycle, or haven't taken the LSAT for that matter, 2months + seems to be pattern amongst others. Which is absolutely a ridiculous amount of time to be waiting around to learn potentially one of the biggest decisions of your life.

• MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma

Most schools respond after they've received the bulk of their applications (2+ months from now, as already mentioned).
    I've heard back from 3 of my schools...~2 weeks after submitting my applications.
    If they REALLY like you, you'll probably hear back soon.

• stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    821 karma

I heard back from four of my schools within two weeks. Another school took a month. Withdrew from a safety school while my application was still pending after a month. And I haven't heard from the third-tier safety school I applied to at all, I should probably withdraw but I kind of want to see what I'll get.

FWIW, I submitted all apps by the end of November

• juliekimjuliekim Alum Member
    36 karma

I heard back from two schools within 2 weeks.

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma

I've heard from three of eleven, though one simply asked for an interview (this isn't counting responses regarding the receiving of my application). I submitted my applications around the New Year.

• esteeroseesteerose Alum Member
    382 karma

I submitted most of mine Jan 15th, and just a few days ago I started getting emails about them being forwarded for review & out of the "processing" stage.

382 karma

Update: I just got an acceptance letter. (Two weeks & one day after i submitted application)

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma

@esteerose congratulations!! Was it for a school you were really vying for?

382 karma

@danielznelson Not really, but definitely a target school for me and not a safety school. It's a big weight off my shoulders just to know I got in "somewhere".