Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many pencils can I bring?

Darth JuristDarth Jurist Member
edited February 2017 in General 453 karma

Is there a cap? Hope I can bring in at least 6, so I can have a sharp point for each logic game and a sharp point for the other sections. I really want to bring 10, just in case my experimental is LG.

Comments

• stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    821 karma

I brought a whole box because I'm paranoid. No one stopped me, so I don't think there's a limit.

• Darth JuristDarth Jurist Member
    453 karma

@stgl1230 said:
    I brought a whole box because I'm paranoid. No one stopped me, so I don't think there's a limit.

How many was in your box? I really just want to bring 10. That should be fine. That with my blackwing pencil sharpener!!

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma

I don't think so either, provided they fit in your plastic bag. I brought an entire box as well.

• draj0623draj0623 Alum Member
    916 karma

I took more than 10 last time and plan on taking at least 15 this time. There shouldn't be a problem with this.

• Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma

I brought more than 10 pencils last time. I do not think there is a limit for how many pencils you can bring.

• sweezyseasonsweezyseason Member
    262 karma

LOL I took 4 but I saw a girl with like 20 sitting across from me, no one said anything to her, but just looked at her funny

• mcmlaw36mcmlaw36 Alum Member
    631 karma

I brought at least 10 last time :)
    And there will be time to sharpen between each section, if you're quick.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

@danielznelson said:
    provided they fit in your plastic bag.

Word.

453 karma

Well alright! I guess I had been practicing LG's with a nub for nothing. Thank God!!

• Pi031415Pi031415 Alum Member
    248 karma

lol sheesh I only brought two.

• jaybee88jaybee88 Alum Member
    165 karma

no limit

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

LOL always wondered this. I PT with at least 5 by my side so I expect I'll bring around 10 or just a box.

• Bevs ScooterMinionBevs ScooterMinion Alum Member
    1018 karma

I <3 minutia!

Hi, my name is Scooter, and I'm an LSAT nerd.

BEST ON SATURDAY!! WOOOHOOOOOO!

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Don't think there's a cap. I know someone who took 16

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@"Darth Jurist" said:
    Is there a cap? Hope I can bring in at least 6, so I can have a sharp point for each logic game and a sharp point for the other sections. I really want to bring 10, just in case my experimental is LG.

Then bring 10 : ) I think it will all easily fit in that giant zip log back. Worse come to worse and the desk is too small, I think some pencils can stay in the bag.

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

@sweezyseason said:
    LOL I took 4 but I saw a girl with like 20 sitting across from me, no one said anything to her, but just looked at her funny

I was that girl and definitely got some looks :blush: but at least wasn't the idiot that showed up with nothing, not even a pencil...

• stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    821 karma

I took the LSAT twice and each time someone showed up without pencils. I may have been that weird girl with a billion pencils but to them I was a hero. It's good karma

453 karma

Thanks for the feedback all! Since everyone else is as neurotic as me about bringing enough pencils with a sharp point, I think I am going to be "that person" and bring 20.

• BenjaminSFBenjaminSF Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    457 karma

I'm bringing one.

alt text

• sweezyseasonsweezyseason Member
    262 karma

@"Darth Jurist" It's definitely a good thing! I'm taking more this time around myself, I just stopped myself because I wasn't sure the first time. Just watching her made me a little nervous that's all ;)

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

@sweezyseason said:
    Just watching her made me a little nervous

We all want that LSAT geek intimidation factor, heehee

@"Darth Jurist" one of my favorite tips in the "infamous" pencil thread - sharpen your pencils 1/2 way so that if you have to erase anything - you can flip to the eraser quicker :wink:

• DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma

lol so i took maybe 3 or 4 and trust me you do not need more than that. I ended up using 1.

• MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma

I brought enough to get the proctor's attention. He saw my bag, started laughing, and said, "guess you won't need that sharpener."
    The instructions say to bring 4 (I think), but most of the people around me had 8+

• iiiSpooniiiSpoon Alum Inactive ⭐
    277 karma

You honestly need 1. Just 1. Though I suggest 2 just in case you snap 1 out of frustration.

• camcam Alum Member
    349 karma

I brought 8-10. I think I used 2 per section, including the writing sample.

• Pi031415Pi031415 Alum Member
    248 karma

The people sitting around me had no less than 15 on their desks plus sharpeners. Seems extra to me but whatever you need to push thru! I had 2 and a sharpener and did just fine. My hand gets so weak from writing. I never write anything these days.