Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UPDATE: Site back up! Site down for maintenance tonight at midnight 12am Eastern, 9pm Pacific

7Sage Admin7Sage Admin Administrator
edited February 2017 in General 298 karma

We are moving the site to new servers tonight. This will affect both the site and the App.

We are taking the site down starting at 12am Eastern (9pm Pacific) time. ​We hope to have the site back up within a couple of hours, but it may take longer, so it may be down until the next morning. Sorry for any inconvenience!

The good news is: based on our testing, the site should be significantly faster after the move :)

Sorry for the inconvenience during the move!

If you are still unable to access the site tomorrow morning (February 2nd), please clear your DNS Cache (https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+To+Clear+Your+DNS+Cache). If that doesn't help, please send us an email.

Edit: Site is back up and running way faster than before :) Total downtime was about 50 minutes. Sorry for the interruption.

Comments

• jm_reavesjm_reaves Alum Member
    48 karma

The week of the February LSAT?

• steve.herring1steve.herring1 Alum Member
    40 karma

I will first say I'm in awe of the resources provided here and so thankful I found 7sage. I couldn't be more appreciative and supportive of this platform and services.
    It'd be reassuring if we knew you'd be able to flip back if you encounter any issues for those of us who are getting our final, ahem, 'reviews' in as we speak.

• 7Sage Admin7Sage Admin Administrator
    edited February 2017 298 karma

@jm_reaves said:
    The week of the February LSAT?

Sorry, it's going down so close to the LSAT!

Even with the performance enhancements last week, the existing servers are having trouble keeping up with everyone on the site right now. There is always a big surge in the last couple of days before the LSAT, and this will help make sure that everything keeps running smoothly through that.

• 7Sage Admin7Sage Admin Administrator
    298 karma

@"steve.herring1" said:
    I will first say I'm in awe of the resources provided here and so thankful I found 7sage. I couldn't be more appreciative and supportive of this platform and services.
    It'd be reassuring if we knew you'd be able to flip back if you encounter any issues for those of us who are getting our final, ahem, 'reviews' in as we speak.

Thanks! We will definitely be able to flip back :)

If everything goes smoothly it should be done in an hour or two. If things go sour, it may take several hours. But we can always revert back to our old servers, so it will definitely be back up by tomorrow morning.

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

Ughhhhhhh I have separation anxiety!

• AidoeAidoe Free Trial Member
    236 karma

Man, the world really doesn't want me to do well on the LSAT :(

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@Aidoe said:
    Man, the world really doesn't want me to do well on the LSAT :(

Aww don't say that. Or it just wants to make things slightly tough so you can do even better than you would have without the added obstacles <3

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

OMG!! The Question Bank updates are Huge! It loads so fast and love the option to split the PT's.
    Thank you:)
    Love the new server, seriously! It has made a huge difference already in my prep!