Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What can I bring to the official LSAT?

ajmulakelajmulakel Free Trial Member
edited February 2017 in February 2017 LSAT 6 karma

Hi everybody,
I am taking the Feb. 4th LSAT this weekend and had a few questions, and i haven't had a chance to ask anyone else. So, I've heard we are not able to bring much anything into the test room with us, is anyone familiar with what EXACTLY we can bring? Am I to bring a sandwich bag with pencils and erasers in to, thats it?
What is on the ban list that a student normally would take to class with him? For example, can i take my backpack? My cell phone? A calculator (just asking).
Thank you my LSAT fam :)

Comments

• Bevs ScooterMinionBevs ScooterMinion Alum Member
    1018 karma

Here is the link to LSAC's exhaustive list of Do's and Don't's on the day of the test:

http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/day-of-test

Scroll down for the items allowed in the test room, on the desktop, what is considered PROHIBITED ITEMS (backpack, cell phone, calculator...), rules, regulations, blah blah blah.

All the best on Saturday!

• ajmulakelajmulakel Free Trial Member
    6 karma

Thank you ScooterMinion! Final question, do you know if i have to print my LSAC ticket in color or can i print it in black in white? The ticket that has a picture of my face on it that I need to take with me in order to be accepted into the room.

Sincerly,

AJ

• rajanjc92rajanjc92 Alum Member
    41 karma

@ajmulakel picture can be black and white

• BenjaminSFBenjaminSF Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    457 karma

@ajmulakel Do not sign the form ahead of time. This can cause problems on testing day. I had to reprint mine because I was trying to get all my ducks in a row and signed it without reading.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

Black & white is fine.

And yeah, basically anything that isn't explicitly allowed is banned. So if it's not on the list of approved items, don't take it!

• camcam Alum Member
    349 karma

@publicbenjamin said:
    @ajmulakel Do not sign the form ahead of time. This can cause problems on testing day. I had to reprint mine because I was trying to get all my ducks in a row and signed it without reading.

Thank you for saying that...I did the same thing earlier today. So, I just reprinted my ticket.

• texvd1988texvd1988 Member
    605 karma

it's supposed to be in a gallon sandwich bag right? I have 6 pencils, a chocolate bar as a snack, and a pencil sharpener in it currently. Are we supposed to put our wallet in there too?

• dantlee14dantlee14 Free Trial Member
    617 karma

@accountformerlyknowasvd1988 said:
    it's supposed to be in a gallon sandwich bag right? I have 6 pencils, a chocolate bar as a snack, and a pencil sharpener in it currently. Are we supposed to put our wallet in there too?

Everything should go in your gallon ziplog bag, including your ID. You should definitely get a bottle of water, and you might want to bring another snack. I just had a protein bar and was starving by the end of the test when I took it in December. Good luck!

• johanna586johanna586 Alum Member
    202 karma

if i have chapstick in my jacket pocket, will they make me throw it out? My lips get chapped super easily! do they make you empty your pockets? I can bring in hats/mittens/scarves right?

• Pi031415Pi031415 Alum Member
    248 karma

They do not make you empty your pockets. Best to put the chopstick in the plastic gallon bag. Where I took my lsat they had a place where you could hang your coat. You couldn't bring it in the test room.

• mjjohns6mjjohns6 Member
    418 karma

@johanna586 you can put your chapstick inside your ziplock bag