Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

when was the last time you closed your eyes and didn't start visualizing solving made up LGs?

i can't be the only one who can't remember.

Comments

• BenjaminSFBenjaminSF Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    457 karma

Not LGs for me, but I have had more than one dream about RC prompts. Those New Women writers haunt me.

• apublicdisplayapublicdisplay Alum Member
    696 karma

When was the last time you closed your eyes and didn't think about the LSAT? Whenever that was, those were good times.

• Pi031415Pi031415 Alum Member
    248 karma

I dream about LG every single night!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"shd.hart" said:
    i can't be the only one who can't remember.

Damn. I thought I was the only one going crazy. I think about LG randomly at night and while driving lmao.

• DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    edited February 2017 760 karma

thank goodness those days are over for me :D it's not a restful sleep when you're still solving puzzles in your head

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I used to. But after a year with the LSAT in my life, it kinda just slowly stopped happening, lmao.

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

I actually put a blindfold on and have my wife read me games she picks out of the stack. I find that it has helped me immeasurably by allowing me to truly visualize the game board as I am blind folded. It has also helped with memory and internalization of the rules, because if you forget a single one, it is a disaster for your set up. I talk her through setting things up. She has been incredibly patient. Yesterday we did a whole set of games, it turned out to be PT 44. I was -1 because of question 22. Another thing blindfolded games has afforded me is locating and isolating ambiguous question stems.

• partyondudespartyondudes Alum Member
    424 karma

@BinghamtonDave said:
    It has also helped with memory and internalization of the rules, because if you forget a single one, it is a disaster for your set up. >

wow! do you split game boards in your head as well or do you answer questions based on checking questions against the rules in your head? How long does it take you to complete an average game blindfolded vs. not?

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

@partyondudes blindfolded it takes me about 12-15 minutes to solve a 9-10 minute game. It has really helped my memory and my understanding of how the rules of a game undergird the game. Take for instance PT 49 game 2. Done blindfolded with someone not studying for the LSAT and not familiar with games can yield a really deep understanding how how the rules work together, step by step I am explaining what to do, how pieces interact etc.

I don't split the game boards. It is something that I really have to incorporate and I think is the last piece I need towards my quest of a -0/-1 on test day. In the coming months, I will probably be splitting more on blindfolded games.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    104 karma
    The user and all related content has been deleted.