Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old Farts and PT Law School Discussion

d3wittd3witt Alum Member
in General 25 karma

I only have a few days access left in this invaluable 7sage world, and thought it'd be good to reach out to the other ancient (35+ year old) folks who are likewise chasing their law school dream later in life. For me, I see it as a productive use of a mid-life crisis (sports cars depreciate much faster than JD degrees), and something I've always wanted to do. Whilst doing the school tours and tests I'm surrounded by babies/young whippersnappers, but I'm hoping once I settle into a part-time/weekend program the average age will increase a bit. Learning the test seemed a bit intuitive after having spent a decade or so working with lawyers and picking up how they think, but study time was always sandwiched between career, family and civic duties. 7sage was the perfect fit, and I watched my average score jump about 15 points from beginning to end of the course. I've talked a few friends into considering law school as well, and will be singing the praises of this site for years.

So what about you? What inspired the return to school? Challenges? Favorite schools?

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

Feel free to join this thread:
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/6636

I'm not allowed entry. :unamused: :disappointed: :angry:

• d3wittd3witt Alum Member
    25 karma

Thanks!

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

Welcome to the club of "ancients" lol:) At your age, you are young compared to many of us that have found 7Sage as a place to provide encouragement to pursue our life-long dreams!! All the best and know that you are not alone!!

Personally, preparing for "empty-nest" has given me the chance to finally pursue my dreams:)

Thanks @montaha.rizeq for sharing the link:) If I post a cool gif, would you dare to challenge the +30 mandate, heehee:)

• Pi031415Pi031415 Alum Member
    248 karma

I'm not over 35 but close enough. Decided to take a stab at law school since admissions are still down and with a good lsat score you can secure some type of funding. With this info I was finally able to lobby my lawyer husband to support my law school ambitions. Good luck with everything. Be proud of what you've accomplished so far!

• BhaktiOmBhaktiOm Member
    22 karma

Hi guys! I am so glad I am not the only 35+ yo here. I went to law school back in my 20's in S. America, never finished bc I moved here to the US...so i guess after kids and some years of marriage I want to go back and accomplish that. Good luck! and thanks for the midlife crisis joke about our return on investments for law school compared to sports cars, very true.

• esteeroseesteerose Alum Member
    382 karma

Hello all! I only have a few days left of access as well. I'm age 37. I have just kind of drifted along in life.. had a small business, worked at a gym for a while, then joined the military at 30. I started college because the GI Bill stipend paid more than my job at the time, and here I am! I have been accepted to 5 law schools and have been offered full and generous scholarships to a few. I'm stoked to find this thread. Good luck to everyone!

• d3wittd3witt Alum Member
    25 karma

Good luck to all other old farts. My 7sage clock is running out. I'm so glad to hear that there are so many of us who have decided to buck tradition, chase our dream, and actually go DO LAW SCHOOL with families, careers, and lives! I'll be at the weekend program at either Loyola or Mitchell Hamline, or you can find me in the vast wilderness that is Wyoming outside of class. Old farts unite! We have nothing to lose but our prejudices about law school!