Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I send another email to my recommender?

Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member

Hello,

So...I asked my prof to write a letter on January, and she kindly accepted.
But it's Feb already and it seems she does not open the email from LSAC yet.
The deadline is 2/15 and I told her that and I emailed her like 4 days ago attaching uploaded PS, but should I email her again and tell her as a reminder that the deadline is 2/15?
It must take some time for LSAC to upload the letter and send application to school so I hope she can email the letter like 2/13 at the latest but I do not want to push her neither...what should I do?
Should I wait for a couple of days more?

Thanks

Comments

• Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
    442 karma

By the way, when I met her I already told her the deadline is 2/15 and she said it should be OK.

• K 440244K 440244 Alum Member
    104 karma

Did she email you back from the email you sent her four days ago?
    If it were me, I would try to send another email or reach out by phone just to confirm she knows the deadline is Feb 15, is still willing, and that she needs to submit the letter through the LSAC portal. I would mention you can send her the email again, in case she didn't see the email from LSAC?

442 karma

@K 440244
    It seems the prof is quiet busy right now so I'm worried if I call her it can bother her...maybe another email should be OK right?
    I didn't get a reply to my last email to her...
    do you know how long it takes for LSAC to upload the letter once they get it?
    Cuz I can submit application once they get the letter right...
    And I'm worried, when school says the dead line is 2/15 does that mean school has to receive the application by 2/15 or is I submit the application through LSAC by 2/15, it's fine and does not matter when they receive&open the application?

442 karma
  • K 440244K 440244 Alum Member
    104 karma

Be somewhat skeptical of this advice, I have not submitted applications yet. To the best of my knowledge this is how I believe it is:

Once it is submitted to lsac I think it's almost instantaneous. I know as soon as my professors uploaded the letters I saw them in the lsac portal. I think the deadline means it's the last day to submit the application through LSAC. Since it's electronic, I don't see why there would be a delay. I'm assuming though, maybe reach out to the schools admission office and ask for clarification or look at the schools FAQ

Maybe in the next email ask for a confirmation she received the email. I don't know - if I were in your shoes, I would try to send out some form of contact to get conformation because this is your application and it's 9 days until the deadline.

442 karma

@"K 440244" said:
    Be somewhat skeptical of this advice, I have not submitted applications yet. To the best of my knowledge this is how I believe it is:

Once it is submitted to lsac I think it's almost instantaneous. I know as soon as my professors uploaded the letters I saw them in the lsac portal. I think the deadline means it's the last day to submit the application through LSAC. Since it's electronic, I don't see why there would be a delay. I'm assuming though, maybe reach out to the schools admission office and ask for clarification or look at the schools FAQ

Maybe in the next email ask for a confirmation she received the email. I don't know - if I were in your shoes, I would try to send out some form of contact to get conformation because this is your application and it's 9 days until the deadline.

Hi,
    So do you know if LSAC received the letter, but still processing, they will notify us?
    How do we know the recommender already submitted the letter?
    So frustrated...when I called them they said they cannot answer whether they received the letter.

• stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    edited February 2017 821 karma

@"Tina Cho" When a recommender submits a letter, LSAC will email you. It's instantaneous - one of my recommenders emailed me right after she submitted her letter. I received an email from LSAC seconds later.

Also, you should be able to see which of your recommenders fulfilled your request on the LoR page of LSAC's website.

442 karma

@stgl1230 said:
    @"Tina Cho" When a recommender submits a letter, LSAC will email you. It's instantaneous - one of my recommenders emailed me right after she submitted her letter. I received an email from LSAC seconds later.

Also, you should be able to see which of your recommenders fulfilled your request on the LoR page of LSAC's website.

Thank you, but in fact she said she faxed the letter...
    Do you know whether I will get a confirmation letter in this case?
    And how long will it take to show up on the website?
    I called them twice but they only answered it may take up to 10 days...is it really that long?
    I thought faxing and emailing are kind of the same, they can just proceed right away...

• stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    edited February 2017 821 karma

@"Tina Cho" I don't know when you will get a confirmation email from LSAC. But you will definitely get one as soon as they process the letter.

Faxing and emailing w/r/t LoR submission aren't really the same thing. When you request a LoR over email, LSAC sends your recommender an email with a link to a dropbox on their website. So recommenders upload their letters directly to LSAC, not via email - this is why it's processed immediately.

Faxing takes a long time. I'm assuming that someone at the LSAC office has to receive the fax, scan it, and then manually add it to your file. 10 days seems about right. It's getting really, really late in the application cycle and they are busy.