Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How did you receive your acceptance/ rejection notice and how long did it take

So....

I JUST SUBMITTED MY APPLICATIONS..... except for UT Law because they warned me in advance to wait until closer to deadline to submit since my February score will be coming in then.

Anyway, how does the process work normally and how long will it take for them to respond upon receipt of my February LSAT score? Do we get e-mail notifications from the school or does the LSAC let us know?

Comments

• jennilynn89jennilynn89 Alum Member
    822 karma

It's been anywhere from 2 weeks to limbo for me. Submitted most of my apps when my scores came out early January. The earliest I've heard back from a school was two weeks. One was an admittance and the other an invitation to interview. Others took about 3 -4 weeks to respond, and I am in "in review" limbo for the rest of the school's I've applied to, and it's been a month now.
    I've received emails from almost of my the schools I received responses from. Phone calls from school's I've got accepted into, and admittance packages in the mail from school's I've got accepted into or waitlisted.

I have a friend who submitted his apps late October/early November and STILL hasn't heard back from some schools... so it really depends.

• texvd1988texvd1988 Member
    605 karma

@jennilynn89 said:
    It's been anywhere from 2 weeks to limbo for me. Submitted most of my apps when my scores came out early January. The earliest I've heard back from a school was two weeks. One was an admittance and the other an invitation to interview. Others took about 3 -4 weeks to respond, and I am in "in review" limbo for the rest of the school's I've applied to, and it's been a month now.
    I've received emails from almost of my the schools I received responses from. Phone calls from school's I've got accepted into, and admittance packages in the mail from school's I've got accepted into or waitlisted.

I have a friend who submitted his apps late October/early November and STILL hasn't heard back from some schools... so it really depends.

Wow. So all of these were notifications from the schools directly? Oh, boy. This may take longer than I want. Especially considering that I also have to wait for my LSAT score to come in.

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

Sometimes no news is good news! But yeah generally you'll get an email from the school saying your application has been decided and to check the status on their website. Otherwise you'll get a letter in the mail stating a rejection or a package in the mail stating an acceptance. All the best! :)

• jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma

Right now, the fastest acceptance letter is 3 weeks away from I submitted my applications, which were to GW law and William and Mary law. BU law and Emory law took roughly 1 month and a half. I am still waiting for Berkeley, UCLA, Vanderbilt, and Georgetown.

605 karma

@"montaha.rizeq" said:
    Sometimes no news is good news! But yeah generally you'll get an email from the school saying your application has been decided and to check the status on their website. Otherwise you'll get a letter in the mail stating a rejection or a package in the mail stating an acceptance. All the best! :)

Awesome! That sounds decent enough for me!

@jyang72 said:
    Right now, the fastest acceptance letter is 3 weeks away from I submitted my applications, which were to GW law and William and Mary law. BU law and Emory law took roughly 1 month and a half. I am still waiting for Berkeley, UCLA, Vanderbilt, and Georgetown.

Congratulations! I envy your acceptances so far. You and I only have Baylor in common, but the rest is far more impressive than mine. You deserve it for the hard work you put in, and I hope you have a regarding law career because of it!

• abby.lu2017abby.lu2017 Alum Member
    112 karma

Submitted all of my apps by mid-December with September score. GW's offer came in through email within 2 wks w/ scholarship. WashU contacted me for interview within a week and a half, and offer came in three weeks after interview. Fordham, USC Gould, BU, and Emory all came in within a month. BU called me. Emory only sent snail mail. Michigan Law took almost two months, and even sent me an email telling me to wait "patiently" after 6weeks. Their offer came in an email on a Saturday. Still waiting on Duke&Northwestern.

605 karma

rewarding*

844 karma

@accountformerlyknowasvd1988 said:

@"montaha.rizeq" said:

@jyang72 said:

Congratulations! I envy your acceptances so far. You and I only have Baylor in common, but the rest is far more impressive than mine. You deserve it for the hard work you put in, and I hope you have a regarding law career because of it!

Actually, it is not Baylor University Law but Boston University Law School. :blush:

605 karma

@jyang72 said:

@accountformerlyknowasvd1988 said:

@"montaha.rizeq" said:

@jyang72 said:

Actually, it is not Baylor University Law but Boston University Law School. :blush:

HAHA! Even better! My point remains!

844 karma

@accountformerlyknowasvd1988 , law school is just a new beginning. T-14 does matter. But I disagree with the saying that if you fall out of T14, then you are doomed. After all, your hard work and connections also matter to you getting a good job. I still have to keep the fight on. Good luck to your application!

605 karma

@jyang72 said:
    @accountformerlyknowasvd1988 , law school is just a new beginning. T-14 does matter. But I disagree with the saying that if you fall out of T14, then you are doomed. After all, your hard work and connections also matter to you getting a good job. I still have to keep the fight on. Good luck to your application!

Oh, ye, you can still be a happy and successful lawyer outside of the top 14. Hell, outside of the top 75 if you play your cards the right way. At the end of the day, it still boils down to your work ethic and ability to communicate when you are in law school.