Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disability Question. Will I Qualify for Extra Time?

Gary NYCGary NYC Free Trial Member
in General 95 karma

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anybody familiar with testing accommodations could answer a question. I was wondering if you guys think I will get extra time. I have something called Raynaud's Disease. Long story short, when I get nervous, due to Raynaud's, my hands and feet get numb cold. I can barely move them. I also get extremely short of breath. I am writing to LSAC saying that I have difficulty moving my hands and breathing. I genuinely cannot turn pages or bubble answers quickly. I also have the medical test that proves I have the disease. Do you guys think that this will qualify for extra time? I took the sept 2016 lsat, before I was diagnosed. I have never gotten extra time before on anything; I just got this diagnosis in December.

Comments

• esteeroseesteerose Alum Member
    382 karma

messaged you

• Gary NYCGary NYC Free Trial Member
    95 karma

@esteerose i haven't gotten any message lol

• esteeroseesteerose Alum Member
    382 karma

Oh, right I wrote that right before i started writing you. Check now!

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

Oh hey, I have Reynaud's too, though not as intensely as you do.

If you can get documentation from your doctor stating that this affects you life/your ability to test, there's a higher chance LSAC will provide accommodations.

• Gary NYCGary NYC Free Trial Member
    95 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" I picked up a note from my doctor today. He said that I have Raynaud's which affects my hands and I need extra time on exams to finish them properly. I also got tested for raynauds by some medical test, and I have the report saying that I have it. When I take tests I get nervous and can't move my hands lol. They get numb.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

@"Gary NYC" said:
    @"Dillon A. Wright" I picked up a note from my doctor today. He said that I have Raynaud's which affects my hands and I need extra time on exams to finish them properly. I also got tested for raynauds by some medical test, and I have the report saying that I have it. When I take tests I get nervous and can't move my hands lol. They get numb.

Glad you got the letter! Submit a copy of it when you apply for accommodations. It's at the discretion of LSAC if they'll accept it or not, but it certainly increases your chances with written documentation that you struggle on tests.