Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC event

Erika123Erika123 Member
edited October 2014 in General 233 karma
2014 LAW SCHOOL RECRUITMENT FORUMS
Has anyone been to a law school forum/workshop with LSAC? They have one in Houston but I live in austin.

Several universities will attend and setup booths. An admission representative will be there to answer any questions you may have and you also receive a $50 application waiver. I really want to get accepted into UT and they will be there. But i remember doing this years ago and it was pointless. And I don't know anyone else that's going :(

i dk, Is it worth the commute/time?

Comments

• Erika123Erika123 Member
    edited October 2014 233 karma
    Also, I think it's a great opportunity to network
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Just a heads up: We can't see links from your email!
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    I really don't know much about these things, but some snippets of your question seem determinative:

"But i remember doing this years ago and it was pointless."

And the clincher:

"And I don't know anyone else that's going :("

As for the $50: the commute cost will likely negate any profit.
  • jleigh.tylerjleigh.tyler Alum Member
    7 karma
    If you think the info sessions/workshops are useless, but want fee waivers and answers, just go to the Austin forum. No commute, three hours of time at most, talk to admissions folks, and ask for the fee waivers.

University of Texas at Austin (SWAPLA)—LF, CS
    UT Austin Law Fair
    UNB 3.202 Ballroom, 2247 Guadalupe
    (10:00 am–1:00 pm)
    Austin, TX 78712
  • bwrc1992bwrc1992 Alum Member
    58 karma
    i went to the one in toronto and the best part was the free application waivers. pretty much every school representative i spoke with has waived the application fee.
    233 karma

(*Sorry, I meant when i was a senior in high school. I attended a college fair and it was pointless.)

Anyway, I went yesterday and it was very informational. They discussed the lsat, the application process, financing and I was able to talk to several schools. It was great :) Thx btw
    233 karma
    I talked to several representatives from LSAC and they said that you can't bring more than one watch.
  • CourtneyJohnson1920CourtneyJohnson1920 Free Trial Member
    3 karma
    Does anyone know of any events in New York? I'm a December 2014 graduate (BA) and am prepping to take the LSAT in February (June the latest). I would appreciate any advice I can get.