PT 80 Blind Review with J.Y. | Multiple Sessions

J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
edited March 2017 in General 13940 karma

Hey 7Sagers, it was a lot of fun Blind Reviewing PT 79 (September 2016 LSAT) with you. Thank you for that experience.

I'd like to do it again for PT 80 (December 2016 LSAT).

I'm holding 15 sessions total. 5 for each of LR 1, LR 2, and RC. Each session will focus on only one section of PT 80. All sessions will start at 7:30p EST and end at 10:30p. Multiple sessions are meant to accomodate people's various schedules and to reduce class size per session.

What happens in these sessions?
I'll ask students to state which questions were circled for BR. We'll work through the questions the group nominates. I generally try to ask students questions to elicit the right response. Voluntary participation. But please wear headphones and be in a quiet place (without ambient noise).

How should I prepare?
Take PT 80 and have the questions you'd like to BR ready. The first thing I'll ask is for everyone to type which questions they'd like to BR.

Next Session
3/28 Tuesday - Section 2 - RC
7:30p - 10:30p EST

Meeting Link: https://chime.aws/8951446044
Meeting ID: 8951 44 6044
U.S. Toll: +1-929-432-4463
Meeting PIN: 8951 44 6044

International: https://chime.aws/dialinnumbers/

Obtaining PT 80
If you have an Ultimate+ account, you will be able to view and print PT 80 under the Syllabus.

Alternatively, you can purchase the paper copy of LSAT PT 80 on Amazon here.

Past Sessions
3/5 Sunday - Section 1 - LR
3/6 Monday - Section 1 - LR
3/8 Wednesday - Section 1 - LR
3/11 Saturday - Section 1 - LR
3/16 Thursday - Section 4 - LR
3/17 Friday - Section 4 - LR
3/18 Saturday - Section 4 - LR
3/27 Monday - Section 2 - RC

Comments

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    13940 karma

Updated and edited to reflect the availability of PT 80 in the curriculum.

• dml277dml277 Alum Member
    775 karma

I know the video explanations for PT80 aren't ready yet but is there a way for those of us planning on buying PT80 explanations to make the payment ahead of time so we get to print the DRM protected e-doc first and PT80 video explanations later? I'm currently in Asia and it looks like I might not be able to receive the paper copy in time for the BR session.

edited March 2017 13940 karma

@dml277 you sure can. You can either purchase PT 80 as an add-on to your Ultimate course or upgrade to Ultimate+. Either way, you'll get the videos when they're ready and the PT can be printed now.

• poohbearpoohbear Alum Member
    edited March 2017 496 karma

I would absolutely love to hop on these sessions (gotta get all that JY wisdom!!) I'm hoping to take the June 2017 test but I only have about 6-7 fresh PTs left in the 70s. Not sure if I should go ahead and take PT 80 now so I can go and join these sessions? I was hoping to take PT 80 closer to June. On the fence about what to do---is anyone else in this predicament?

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

I am in a similar boat as @poohbear. I'd love to attend this BR session but I don't want to burn through such a valuable PT this early in the year. Any advice for those of us in this predicament?

13940 karma

@poohbear and @RafaelBernard Good question. It really depends. If you are already PTing in the 70's range and would have done a new PT anyway, then taking PT 80 as opposed to say PT 71 is fine. I think the trade off is worth it.

However, if you're PTing in the 50's then I don't think you should skip ahead this much.

775 karma

Thanks for the reply JY! I can't seem to purchase the add-on right now but I've messaged Dillon.

I'm also in a similar situation as @poohbear and @RafaelBernard, except I only have three fresh recent PTs left. I'm also aiming for the June test so was originally planning on doing PT80 closer to test date. Having only two fresh recent PTs left this early scares me a little but I hope that will be enough!

13940 karma

@dml277 Yeah, that's tough. So if you were already planning to take a PT anyway, then go ahead and take PT 80. But if you weren't already planning to take a PT, then don't do it. Does that help with the decision making?

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

This is awesome! Idk how long the BR sessions have been this way but I love it! It allows time to give sufficient attention to BR before joining the call. 7Sage just keeps impressing me! Will all BR sessions be structured this way going fwd? Or, is this only a JY thing?

775 karma

My original plan was to do early fresh PTs and retake recent PTs until late April and then take the three fresh recent PTs in May when I've had more practice. I guess I'll just switch PT80 with an early PT I was planning on taking. Thanks JY!

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

I wished the session is recorded.:)

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I am in a similar situation to @poohbear as well. This is my last fresh test and I am planning to take in June. I have been PTing in the 60's (just did 65 last weekend) but I really would like to join. Not sure what to do :/

13940 karma

@JustDoIt It's too soon for you to take this. If it's the very last PT you have till June, you should save it to take in May.

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

JY, this is an incredible opportunity to work with you on PT80! Most of the above posts requesting advice were ppl on the Wed night BR call with Vanessa and me who are seriously preparing for June. We recognize that it is an individual decision based on current prep whether to take PT80 now or later;)
    If following Josh's 3 stages of PT prep, I am working on advanced test taking strategies on re-takes in the 60's learning from those mistakes but still have a significant weakness in RC. Not score chasing and utilizing the re-takes to identify under/over confidence errors, my score bands on re-takes are at or just above my lowest threshold of my target score.
    Given that I have 5 fresh PTs (inc 80) in the 70's and PT79 that I wrote and do not remember, lol, to be used as a re-take, would you recommend that I take PT 80 as a "diagnostic" going into the final 3 months before June to evaluate my progress, identify weaknesses and gain insight from your sessions to provide focus for my studies over the next 3 months.
    Any feedback appreciated:)

13940 karma

@twssmith Having 5 fresh PTs until June isn't a terrible situation to be in. You rightly should be focused on retakes. Were you planning to take a PT anyway? It sounds like if you were, you would have taken a PT in the 70's. If so, then you might as well take PT 80. Otherwise, I wouldn't do it.

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2017 4141 karma

I'm in a similar situation to @twssmith regarding the study group schedule. Some of us have taken tests in the 70s and also have enough fresh PTs left. I think this is a great chance for those of us who are working towards building more advanced strategies to substantially strengthen our LSAT performance. Thank you @"J.Y. Ping" for giving specific advice on this. I'm looking forward to the session next week!

• Jeong P.Jeong P. Alum Member
    20 karma

Tagged. Just wondering about my circumstance here - Still doing the PTs in the 40s for my third retake, but have taken PT 80 as part of my actual test. In that case, guessing it's okay for me to jump in?

13940 karma

@"Jeong P." Yeah, join us!

• icecreamparfaiticecreamparfait Free Trial Member
    edited March 2017 82 karma

Is the session already started? THere is no sound...

13940 karma

Hey everyone, looks like I picked a pretty bad time to do PT 80's BR calls. I've reduced the number of remaining sessions for those who had planned to attend.

In addition, I'll do this PT again in early May. I believe this will align better with people's schedules who planned to take the June LSAT.

Sorry for the poor scheduling decisions!

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

NOOOO - I just took it tonight to be able to BR for Wed night - but I appreciate the opportunity to work with you:)

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    edited March 2017 5120 karma

Edited - Missed that you still have Wed nite scheduled - whew - thought LR1 was only offered Sat nite:)

775 karma

Thank you JY for offering to do PT80 again in early May! Always appreciative of your kindness in offering such valuable help to us.

• CinnamonTeaCinnamonTea Member
    550 karma

Thank you JY! I am in the June study group and appreciate your flexibility :) Oh and your website is awesome.

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2017 4141 karma

Welp in that case I'll wait till the end of April to take PT 80 then and I'll work on improving RC this week. Thanks for the heads up about May JY!

• MaritzaaMaritzaa Alum Member
    368 karma

Is there a BR call tonight?

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

Thanks JY for the session:)

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

Thanks for tonight JY. It was great for highlighting that I need to revisit diagraming so I can be more fluid. It shouldnt matter Im using letters or visuals they should both be second nature by now.

Looking forward to LR2

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

Thanks for re-scheduling this JY! I look forward to going in May :smile:

13940 karma

Update: I removed the 3/25 Saturday session and replaced it with a session on 3/28 Tuesday.

Sorry about the change - I had a scheduling conflict.

Happy Daylight Savings Weekend everyone!

13940 karma

Hey guys, today's session is starting now.

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

For anyone struggling to join - download the chime app - it is a line link underneath the boxes to download app - then it can work:)

13940 karma

@twssmith Thanks for the heads up!

I decided to switched to GTM though since we all know that works very well.

Next Session
    3/16 Thursday - Section 4 - LR
    7:30p - 10:30p EST

• poohbearpoohbear Alum Member
    496 karma

Thanks again for a great session JY! Will definitely try to remember not be so caught up on hunting for the exact words of my anticipation and instead be alright with answer choices that are more abstract (isn't as attractive, but still the right answers).

13940 karma

Hey guys, looks like we have overlapping meetings on Go To Meeting today.

We're going to meet on Chime instead:

Meeting Link: https://chime.aws/8951446044
    Meeting ID: 8951 44 6044
    U.S. Toll: +1-929-432-4463
    Meeting PIN: 8951 44 6044

International: https://chime.aws/dialinnumbers/